Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Had my laproscopy on Aug 15th questions???

On the 15th had my surgery,they were able to do the laproscopy, my gyno was assited by another gyno, they removed my right ovary and tube, it was enlarged.the ultrasound had shown a 4 cm mass.possible dermatoid.my gyno said that when viewing it looked like an enlarged ovary.it has been sent for biopsy.will get results in 3 weeks. my ca125 was normal.She said looked good no grwth on the outside or aroudn surroudning area adn the other ovary looked good.Anyone had similiar findings.was it cancer and if so what was the treament? scared after looking at ovary cancer sites saying early signs of cancer is enlarged ovary. looking for somwone with similiar story.and really just looking for prayers and to talk to other woman experienceing this.  I am 35 three children...Charmaine
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The sharp pains were likely from the gas they use to inflate the abdomen to give them room to do the surgeey. Hurts like a you-know-what when the pain hits! Keep moving around a bit, and drink hot tea... it actually helps. Make sure you don't strain trying for a BM at first... that makes the pressure from inflammation and gas build, and really hurts when it hits.
The enlarged ovary could also mean chronic inflammation and scar tissue. I know it sounds redundant, but try to keep relaxed until the biopsy results come back. (As one who went through this already, I can tell you that worrying just makes everything feel worse).
Hang in there, and let us know what they find so we can officially welcome you into the 99% club!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
wow that is quick for your results.she made an appoint for me to see her on the 5th for results..but maybe she will have them sooner. I am getting around ok but sore and I get tired quick, my incisions start to burn and itch a bit. first few days had sharp pain under my ribs but that has stopped. and i feel weak and dizzy if I do too much. starting to go stir crazy cause I am used to being on the go.Dr. did say that if I heard from her office to come in sooner it usually means bad news..so now I am scared the phone will ring...I am glad you got your good news so quick..take care and thanks for your comments..Charmaine
Helpful - 0
Hi, Had my laparoscopy on the 15th also.  They removed a dermoid cyst that was first seen as a 5cm and by the time of removal, two months later, had grown to a about 7cm, larger then my uterus.  My doctor called on Thursday to say that the path said that it was benign.  Do you know for sure it will take 3 weeks to find out anything?  
I hope all goes well with you.  How are you feeling? I am tired but getting around, slowly now.  My incisions are starting to show brusing around them.  They used glue so I have no stitches or anything.  
Take of yourself, and let us know how things go.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.