Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

MY CYST....NEED SOME INFORMATION

Im in a rut and need some information...I have a septated cyst on my right ovary and a cyst on my left ovary..npw according to the report it says minimal free fluid near or on the septated cyst...also a fibroid on my uterus as well as my uterus is 8.9cm and my endomitrium is 8cm or mm not sure...please if anyone has advice what does minimal free fluid mean as well as septated cyst.
I also have been bleeding twice a month for 3 months and just 1 week ago they finally found all this going on,...i have cramping and fullness in my vagina area and when i do bleed i bleed so much as well as large clots that look like jelly as gross as that sounds,also lower back ache and i feel like something has to fall out my vagina..im going to a oncologist wed.
PLEASE if you have any information, please give it to me!! SORRY IF I AM BEING SO BLUNT ON MY INFORMATION JUST ONLY WAY I CAN EXPLAIN...
God Bless
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello to all, My doc really doesn't communicate with me very well, good old HMO DOCS. lol  I literally (SP?) have to go to his office and corner him.  This is what my Ultra sound stated.

The anteverted uterus measures 9.0 cm in length with a maximal AP diameter of 4.4 cm and a transverse diamater of 5.3 cm.  The endometrial echos measure 6mm in thickness.  There is a small isoechoic 9 X 10 mm probable fibroid in the myometrium of the anterior body.  The right ovary measures 1.9 X 2.9 cm the left 3.9 x 4.7 cm containing an anechoic 3.3 x 4.1 cm cyst with posterior acoustic enhancement.  There is no evidence of fluid in the cul-de-sac.

Can anyone explaine to me if this is a normal cyst or a complex cyst??? The doctor is no help and I have put in for a 2 nd opinion with the insurance company but they say it can take months.  I am in pain almost all the time..  Thanks for any help with this matter.

Thanks,
Char
Helpful - 0
As far as your cyst goes, i think they are relatively small. If you had bowel gas, that could obscure the pelvic organs.  They suggest that you try to avoid carbonated beverages before an ultrasound for that reason or there could be stool in the bowel, too.  I am sure they will do a re-check.
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much for all your information...it was extremely helpful, i just cant wait to find out WHATS GOING ON!!
I am 26 and have 2 children a 6 and 9 year old and had a misscarriage in october and ironically this has all happened since that.
I am getting alot of support right now because my nerves are over the edge...but my aunt said maybe i had children young because now im running into problems and i believe god does everything for a reason!!
Quick question is my uterus enlarged? im really not understanding any of this, and am so eager to know...all i know is ive been cramping for the last two days again...and i just want this is to be over with!!

Thank You.
God Bless.
Helpful - 0
Hi Kris!

I undertand this must be so worrying for you, and it is good they are checking everything out to make really sure. However (as you will find from others who have similar experiences) the odds are that all is well. I know that a septated cyst means that there is some divisions within the cyst. I had one of those last year, but it just disappeared shortly after found of it's own accord. I don't understand that bit about the fluid either, but likely someone will come along and perhaps have some idea. You sound a lot younger than me, so your experience isn't the same as mine. However,on this site the phrase 99%club has been coined - that 99% of cysts are benign. I panicked like nobody's business when my cysts were first found, and though I am still being checked (I still had one last time checked) I now also know that the odds of something being really bad are low, generally. So all the best - and I bet you shortly you will have loads of supportive, helpful emails. Thinking of you!
Helpful - 0
This is what the report said....

Reason for the exam: Heavy periods,Irregular bleeding/

TRANSABDOMIAL PELVIC U/S:
Imaging of the pelvis demonstrates uterus 8.6 cm in length.
Endomitrium difficult to evaluate. Right ovary 2.5 x 2.4. Left ovary 2.8 x 2 cm.

TRANSVAGINAL PELVIC U/S W/ COLOR FLOW:
Transvaginal images demonstrate a lower segment fibroid.
Endomitrium approx 7-8mm. Right ovary 3.1 x 2.5 cm with a septated cyst. MINIMAL FREE FLUID.

Left ovary difficult to evaluate. It measure 2.3 x 2.4 cm with a cyst.

Follow up on cysts,septated&fibroid.

PLEASE SOMEONE WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? GOING TO ONCOLOGIST WED.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.