Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ovarian cyst / Abnormal pap

I have an ovarian cyst and I will have it removed August 29th. It is fluid filled but large. I was also just told I have an abnormal pap. Could the abnormal pap be due to the cyst?  I've never had an abnormal pap before.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had an abnormal PAP too, from what I have read, it seems that stress can cause the immune system to allow latent HPV viruses to become active and cause an abnormal PAP.  Since this has been a very stressful time for me, I think there is some relation between the two, but only because of the stress.
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Hi,

I had several bad paps. The first one was the worst with the dx being Severe cervical dysplasia, but I continued to have three more bad paps...then it cleared. Mine was not caused by the HPV virus. Then, a few years later, a malignant ovarian cyst was found. Now, I asked the same question that you asked. I was told the two were not connected. I can see why one might think there is a connection, but at least this is what I was told. I continue to go in for vaginal paps and for the past six years, after my hysterectome, including the removal of the cervix, there have been no problems.

Mary
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.