Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

finkaz how is your mum??

hi finkaz, how is your mum doing? did you get your second opinion??  my thoughs are with you both xx
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hi i am so sorry that things are also  bad for your mum and you. the hospital are sorting out getting my mum home to be with us, and to get nurses out to change the syringe driver etc. every day, i just cannot believe it has all come to this, i know how you feel about being angry and frustrated and so devastated to see someone you love and adore so much in this situation, and you have every right to be jelous etc., i feel exactly the same as you. i will be thinking about you x
Helpful - 0
Hi kaz39/finkaz
so sorry to hear things are so bad for your mums. My mum went into hospital to get the fluid drained from her abdomen but has now picked up nasty infection and wasn't able to make her appointment to discuss restarting chemo. Instead she lying in hosp on morphine and looks 20 years older than she did 2 days ago. The CT scan results showed it is now stage IV with masses all over her abdomen so if she's not well enough to get chemo in the next two weeks I'm sure she will not last long. It is a truly evil disease and just so awful to see them suffer so. I find myself feeling angry and jealous when I see girls/women with their mums having a good time. I'm missing that life so much.  My thoughts are with you bothxxxxxxxxx
Helpful - 0
Just to let you know that I prayed for both of your moms. I emphatize with your struggles as I relate to my wife's sufferings. May everything works out for the best.
Helpful - 0
i am so sorry about your mum and for you all it is such a nasty disease. mum been in hospital for two weeks came home this morning, but had to take her back in this evening as she is very poorly and in a lot of pain as well, she is on 24 hour morphine things are not good with her either. its so hard to see someone you love so much in so much pain isnt it? we cant go anywhere for more help either as she is too weak and fragile. my thoughts are with you all please keep in touch xx
Helpful - 0
hi things are not so good, i cannot believe what a debilitating disease this is, mum wasnt too bad when we brought her home but they upped the pain killers and she is now asleep most of the time and when she is awake she is talking jibberish.  She was just too week to travel to see another consultant so we never managed to seek the second opinion she is just like a little delicate doll and is slipping away a little more each day i just hope it doesnt go on for too long as it isnt very nice for every one concerned.  She has suffered a lot and has never been well since diagnosis in jan.  How is your mum? hope she is well keep me posted, all the best
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.