Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Going back to work!!!

Hey Cysters!
I'm 7 weeks post-chemo and I'm going back to work Monday! I am so happy to be going back. My hair is already starting to grow back in, too. I have a soft fine fuzz about 1/4" long all over my head, and my eyebrows/eyelashes are coming back in, too. So to those of you starting into or are still taking chemo, hang in there. It isn't easy, but there is life afterward.....

Rebel Spirit
ovca stage IIc, TAH/BSO 3/9/06
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That's wonderful news! I know you must be really excited to get back out there....just don't overdo it right way.  Again, great news!

Best of luck,
Shawn
Helpful - 0
I wasn't sure there was life after chemo but I'm 4 months post and feel better every day.  Still some weird after effects, weepy eyes, neuropathy of the feet, fingers and tip of my tongue, but I went for my first hair cut yesterday (well a trim) and my usually striaght hair is super curly!  I spent a whole day today with my 2 1/2 year old grandson and am none the worse for the wear (tired 'cause I'm old, not because of chemo).  All we can do is hang in there--but hang onto the fact that every day you will feel better!
Helpful - 0
135691 tn?1271097123
I'm happy that your feeling so well and that your hair is starting to come back - feels good, huh? I'm 6 months out of chemo and my hair is about 2-3inches long and curly - it's a nice change from Bald though, so I won't complain! I hope you've taken enough time for yourself to fully recover from all you've been through - it's a tough journey, one which needs to be recovered from not only physically, but mentally too. Don't push yourself too much, but enjoy getting back to "normal". Congrats!
Becky
Helpful - 0

It's good to see that you are back on track and so encouraging to others.

Well done and all the very best to you.

Ursula
xx
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Well, what a ride, huh?  You made it to the other side and I am so very happy for you.  You are stronger than you know and we love ya!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
132752 tn?1273342273
So happy for you...congratulations!  
peace,
Anne
Helpful - 0
Congratulations! Continued good health.  I'm on my 5th treatment and look forward to when I can return to work, too!

God Bless, you're in my prayers!
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
GREAT!!!  I am so happy to hear it.  I hope everything continues to go just as well.  Best wishes to you, and enjoy your first day back at work!

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
Congrats!!!
Helpful - 0
Forgot to add, my last bloodwork was good. No more anemia and no more Aranesp shots! Last CA 125 was 10.1.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.