Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anything to stop a Continious Bleeding Please..?

I am waiting for a surgery date, going to do the Cat Scan on Thurthday,but I been bleeding for four month, non stop. I always have 1-2 pads per day. I just hate being always in pads, someday heavy,light or spotting. Don't know what to do. Doctors won't help me with this, I guess the only thing is surgery they said. I don't have pain but waiting time is killing me. I am  depressed.
It hurts to go through all this, single, no kids and nobady to share with. Needless to say being educated, professional, conservative when it comes to relationship, I was waiting with faith, all my life for somebody with common interest. Now this happened (diagnoses with Endometrial), it is like my dream vanished.
Now, about a month ago I found somebody with common interest.I just feel better to find company 'cause I was depressed,lonely and crying all the time. I enjoyed his company 'cause he keeps me busy by going to bookstores, park, movies etc and I think less of my problem. But he does not know what am going through. I don't want to tell him. The thing is, I don't want him to touch me 'cause I have pads all the time. Can't tell him that I have a period 'cause it is continious. I just told him that we have to wait for the right moment. I have not done it in 6 month, what it worries me is how to let him wait or make him understand, plus the period after surgery 4-6 weeks.It sounds crazy, my health comes first. But he thinks I don't like him or I've somebody 'cause I didn't let him do anything. At least surgery period is understandable. Anything to stop bleeding temporarly? will help. Thanks
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
HI ,

My mom has Ovarian cancer she removed her ovaries and did Chemo, within 8 months her cancer reoccured in her bowles, now she is bleeding alot and its very frustrating for her to go to the washroom  she comes back out of breath . Is their anything that can stop the bleeing  ? Or is the bleeding with mucus a heatlhy sign of the cancer dying ?  The constant bleeding has a high ordor :((((((((((  and her body smells all the time . She is week and can't really move at this point in time .  

Anything  to help plz ...................

Thakz
Extrem Help !
Helpful - 0
Thanks you all, you were very helpful from day one.  As you said, I need some iron suppliment too 'cause am getting closer to anemic. Am also taking multivitamin and Megace/Megestrol for apetite and to shrink the tumor. But I gained ten pounds. I look like 4 month pregnant and I have bloating too. I was in a good shape, exercise and diet, but now I am getting big. I will try to use the Diaphram for temporary help, thank you. In an early relationship  (less than 4 month) nobady want to hear your problems or go through what am going to and in this case it is a serious illness. In an old relationship Husbands/frinds/boyfriends,they understand and stick with you.  But new ones may run...I am going to have Hystr 'cause the Endo is in the Uterus, and it is not easy to tell. Honestly, I am not going to tell him, it is a big issue in a relationship. I may stop the relationship and continue later, if he is going to be around. Or continue if he is patient enough. Yesterday, he was kind of upset when I push his hand 'cause I didn't want him to know that I am still on pad.
I hate to be a woman, why do we have to go through this? It is double jeopardy. Bleeding non stop all these monthes, waiting for surgery and post op period. It is just too much. What can I do, just pray for the better. Thanks for your help, I can not do it without u, when I think about it I get crazy and cry every night, why all this? you are the only one for me.  and I will keep you posted.
Helpful - 0
Silla~
It's your decision, but I'd sit down with him, and tell him what's been going on. Make sure you reassure him on how you feel about him, and give him some details on what's going on. The main reason is that you'll need his support before, during, and after surgery. If he's the right one, he'll stick around and help you through this. And while it may sound harsh, honestly, if he doesn't stay to help you through this, he may not be the right one.
There is a product that kind of looks like a diaphram... I used it once or twice when I couldn't stand the pads anymore (irritation...ow). It's called Instead, and fits kind of like the diaphram does... but it's a little cup-like thing, so maybe that would work very temporarily.
No matter the outcome (whether you tell him or not), please please remember that we are ALWAYS here for you too.... Whether you just need support, a cyber-vent, or a cyber-hug, we're here to give it whenever you need it.
Where do you live? There may be a cyster nearby that you might be able to talk to...
Hang in there, and keep posting!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
I bled from 6/15 till about the 3rd week in July. It started back up again 8/11 and didn't stop till after my surgery which was just 8/22. I thought I was having abnormal periods (since I had skipped April and May) but it turns out it was the cyst that was bleeding. I still need to get more information on it myself but I do know my hemoglobin levels were very low. I needed a blood transfusion the day of my surgery. I think normal is somewhere around 12 and I was at 7. My doc finally told me to take Iron pills (which can really constipate you) but I did feel much better. Shredded Wheat actually has 90% iron in it so I munched on this wet and dry constantly. I am quite sick of it now! Just be careful of your levels and do what you can to maintain your iron. I hope it stops for you. As for your boyfriend...honestly, I think if you can't talk to him about it and he doesn't want to be there for you even if its just as a friend then he's not worth it. Your health is more important than anything. I don't know what its like to do this alone but you need to dig down and know you can do it. There is help out there! Good luck to you!
Helpful - 0
155056 tn?1333638688
Have a diaphram?  That will hold back the bleeding, not stop it.

I too waited a long time before finding the right man...and I met him 4.5 months before my surgery.  He was right there by my side through it all with me....including my bowel prep (well not the enema part)...anyway...like I said he is the "right" man and I knew that from the begining.  Sex was not and is not the most important thing in our relationship...friendship, honesty and truth is.  You have nothing at all to be embarassed about with what you are going through, why not share it with him...I am confused, you would sleep with the man, which is the most intimate thing you can do, but, you can't tell him of your medical condition.  And know what Honey, if he doesn't stay around because of what is going on, then he wasn't worth having sex with.

Good luck!!!
Helpful - 0
sorry i forgot to mention prior to the surgery i was offered transamic acid to stop the bleeding,it worked a treat but not suitable if there is a history of thrombosis of any kind. i was also offered progesterone to space the bleeding out regularly. hope that helps and good luck with the scan.sharon.
Helpful - 0
i went to my doc for continuous bleeding and scan showed a possible dermoid cyst (removed 2 weeks ago)i know what your going through,its physically and emotionally draining and yes it plays havoc with your sex life. If your close to this new manin your life, then i would explain your situation, a caring partner would support you through this especially with your scan coming up. not only would this explain your position on the sexual side of your relationship but the support you may get from him could bring your relationship closer. if it doesnt then perhaps he's not the man for you.good luck.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
So very sorry that you are still going thru this.  Hopefully you will get some answers after the ct scan.  If the person you are with truly cares about you, he will understand and stand by you.  Always know that no matter what, we are here for you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.