Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

kaz39 hows your mum?

hi read your last posting, have they sent her home because there is nothing further to do?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hi how are you all doing? and how is your mum? mum came home yesterday, district nurse coming in every day to change over morphine driver. she is sleeping most of the time, has no energy to get up bless her, its so devastating !! i cant believe its all come to this and so quickly, when my mum and yours were only diagnosed in jan, it hasnt even been a year yet since my dad passed away, what a year!! my thoughts are with you all xx
Helpful - 0
mum  is just asleep all the time, yesterday she really seemed to go down hill she was hardly talking or drinking and nurse said she thought it would happen over the weekend.  Today she seems a little more with it, we are very up and down, its like an awful dream. The district nurse looking after mum also lost her mum to ovca in march, again after the hospital diagnosed her with irritable bowel. I hope your mum is comfortable and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Helpful - 0
hi they told us there is nothing else that can be done as it looks like the chemo hasnt worked, due to still having bowel obstruction, she is on 24 hr morphine (syringe driver) and still having top ups of morphine as well. they said she has only weeks to live, but then they said if she doesnt go downhill by next friday she can still have her chemo???? she is coming home tomorrow. she is so tired and frail and it just breaks my heart, this is such an evil disease isnt it??
how is your mum doing?? my thoughts are with you and your mum xx
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.