Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Prominent Endometrial Stripe w/Cystic Areas in Post Menopausal Woman

I received a pelvic ultrasound report but am not scheduled to see a doctor for a month.  I have been on tamoxifen for almost two years following breast cancer surgery and chemo.  The report indicates uterine fibroids, prominent endometrial stripe for a postmenopausal woman with cystic areas within the endometrial stripe and a small cyst in the left ovary.  The right ovary was not well visualized on the ultrasound. Should I be worried and try to see the doctor sooner because of the prominent endometrial stripe and cyst?  My uterus mesures 10.2 x 4.7 x 5.2 cm with a 9.4 mm endometrial stripe.  My left ovary measures 3.1 x 1.9 x 2.8 cm and contains a simple cyst measuring 1.4 x 1.3 x 1.2 cm.  Could really use some advice so that I won't worry for the next several weeks unecessarily.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
simple cyst can be quite normal and often disappear on their own. if they grow to 5 cms or more your doc may decide to remove it. 99% of all cysts are benign so try not to worry. It is normal practice to have another ultrasound a month or so later to check if it has gone or grown in size so although the waiting is not nice you seem to be getting good care.all the best, sharon
Helpful - 0
143952 tn?1237864541
i don't know much about cysts, but the prominent endometrial stripe could be due to taking tamoxifan for the past two years.  also, not seeing the other ovary isn't a concern, either.  it's not unusual to not be able to see an ovary past menopause.  as for the cyst, there are several women on this site who are very knowledgeable about cysts and they can probably give you some information.  good luck :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.