Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

cyst that has grown over 3x in size in just a few months

Hi! I just had back surgery in May. I had a MRI just before that, that showed I had a ovarian cyst 2.3cm. At the beginning of August I had another MRI cause I was still having alot of low back pain and pain in my right side. It showed that the same cyst had grown to 7cm x 6.5. They said I needed a Pelvic Ultrasound ASAP. Have to wait til Tues. To see the Doc. Past couple months I have been tired all the time, bowel movements have changed. Alot of loose bowels and I am haveing to pee alot.Not really any nausea. I saw it on the MRI. It looks big. Anybody have one grow that fast? Thanks, aj2000
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
483733 tn?1326798446
Hi there.  Please don't ask questions on very old postings.  This was from 2006.  Since then we have an ovarian cyst forum.  Please come on over and create your own post.
Helpful - 0
Hi,

Thanks for your info. I am curious as to what you did with the dermoid and how you knew it was benign. Thanks.
Helpful - 0
My cyst grew from about 6cm to 20 cm in less than a month.  I had symptoms including constipation, frequent urination, and shortness of breath, all because the cyst was crowding my abdomen. each case is entirely different so the best thing you can do it discuss it with your medical professionals, but if it eases your worries any, it is not uncommon for cysts to grow rather quickly, and that isn't necissarily an indication of malignancy.
Helpful - 0
Hi.
I had a cyst go from softball size to cantaloupe size in a week.  It turned out to be a benign endometreoma.  I had symptoms for several months b/f i went in  to see the dr.  but my main symptom was having to go to the restroom a lot and if i held it for any length of time - i was in serious pain.  i couldn't even stand up straight to get to the restroom.  the cyst was obviously laying on my bladder.  but then it moved off my bladder and all my symptoms went away  - for the week from diagnosis to surgery.  i think that it grew and moved into the only space it could find to fit and subsequently my pain decreased.

don't worry.  99% are benign.  make sure that you get a lot of information from your dr. before you made any decisions for treatment.  and i don't know if your doc is a gyn/oncologist - but that would be an important thing to factor into the equation.  any woman in this forum will tell you that.  if your cyst turned out to be something more than expected - it is good to have the oncologist there in the surgery to do the necessary staging procedures.  better to be safe than sorry.  but don't read that statement and assume the worst.  remember that 99% are benign.

Anyway - welcome and good luck to you!
Laura
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cysts Community

Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.