Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
157832 tn?1221515779

to remove the remaining ovary or not?

for those of you that have read my first post here you'll understand a little bit more where im coming from. bottom line is **rt ov rmvd due to lrg dermoid in 96', cysts over the years, now 6cm cyst on lft ov, cyst on rt side node or ?tissue?, rt side pelvic hernia, and many new GI issues now too** i have an appt next wk for another u/s and then appt w/obgyn a few days after that. when i talked to my obgyn over the phone about the cyst report she seemed very casual about it and that bothered me. but ill get my chance to really talk w/her soon. i guess what im writing to you ladies about is that i want to talk to her about possibly "needing" to or "wanting" to remove the remaining ovary. i am in so much discomfort now, and it gets so much worse w/my cycles. i am at a point where i am just so tired of being in pain, and im tired of dealing w/and worrying about the cysts. so many of you ladies have been thru so much more than i have or am, so i feel a little odd or selfish about "whining" in here to you about my issues. i guess what im hoping for is some wisdom, so words of advice, questions to ask my doctor, and/or more information. i have 2 beautiful little ones and i know that i have been blessed. my husband and i have never said we were done having children, or that we werent, but at this point i just want to be able to be a great mommy and wife to my family. i dont want to be craby, moody, tearful, and in pain. ive considered talking to one of my docs about an anti.dep but even w/that im not sure. thank you so very much for reading this. u are amazing women. xo donielle
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i would say that you need to have a good chat with your doc before you make any decisions. to have your remaining ovary removed would mean going through a surgical menopause, i have no experience of this and other ladies will be able to explain what its like. you sound as if your not sure at the moment what is causing your pain, perhaps your doc can give you more information on this. are you taking any pain medication? i hope you get some answers soon,let us know how you get on.sharon
Helpful - 0
143952 tn?1237864541
don't forget...the hernia and GI issues could be causing some of your pain.  and, maybe it's possible to remove just a portion of the ovary.  still options to explore!  good luck :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.