Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Endometrial biopsy

Hi all, I know this question doesn't pertain to an ovarian issue directly, but there is so much knowledge on this forum, I wanted to get some input from you ladies.

I had my left ovary removed due to a serous cystadenoma in March... benign. I've only had 2 periods since then. This last one was not like a period...very scanty, but lasted over 3 weeks. I am 51, so I called my gyne and asked what I should do. The nurse told me it was likely peri-menopause and to wait and see what happened the next cycle. Well, since I only have about 4 periods a year, this "waiting" began to play on my mind. I made an appt. and saw the gyne today. He also feels this is peri-menopause. He did a pelvic exam and thought my remaining ovary felt very small (this is apparently a good thing). But, as a precaution he decided to do an endometrial biopsy. Yikes it hurt! Now I have to wait for the pathology to come back on that. He told me the tissue appeared very normal and not to worry, but of course, I am worrying. Has this spotting and endometrial biopsy happened to anyone else?

Hudson
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Tina, i am sorry about you having to do the radiation. My dad had to do the same for his prostate cancer. It's no picnic, but he never missed a day of work all the way thru it and it did halt his cancer.

Hugs to you,

Hudson
Helpful - 0
Hi Hudson- Thank goodness you made the appt and got the biopsy- Good for YOU!!! I on the other hand had the crazy spotting issues made the appointment with my doctor(obgyn),who ONLY did an internal and suggested I was premenopausal and gave me a free box of Yasmine birth control pills and says I'll be calling him in 3 months with great results. During my internal he said he felt a fibroid and that was normal for my age (46).........YUP so I left and made another appt with another Dr group and had to wait 4 weeks for my appt. They did a biopsy and a D&C and 2 days later............CANCER!!! So off to the gyn/onc had the surgery LAVH, removed lymph nodes(Negative), removed Ommentum(Negative) and had 2 tumors in my uterus and a different kind of cancer of my cervix That made me Stage 2b.OH........and remember that fibroid he said I had........WRONG, that was a cancer tumor.

So Hudson, you are smart when you made that appt and took matters in control!!!! Good luck. Oh...yeah, I did contact the orginal dr and told him what happened.
Helpful - 0
Hello Hudson-
  I'll be starting radiation next week 9/18, everyday for 5 weeks and then do internal radiation next. When that is over my life will consist of regular appts to my oncologist.-tina
Helpful - 0
Hi tina, i'm glad you got a second opinion, but sorry about your diagnosis. How are you doing now?

I just had a laparoscopy in March and know for a fact, I have 3 small fibroids. I've had them for years and years. At that time my other gyne said the endometrium was fine....thin and normal. So unless, something really ominous has happened in the last 5 months, I am supposing this is menopause/hormonal. I've only had 5 periods in the last year or so. I either skip them altogether or spot scantily. But,I am still glad I went for the exam yesterday. My true concern was something was wrong with my remaining ovary. Thankfully, he said that was very small, which is normal for women nearing menopause. I'll keep you posted on my pathology. It's never over until it's over.

Thanks for your response.

Hudson
Helpful - 0
158061 tn?1202678326
I had spotting when I was peri menopausal and on HRT.  I've had 2 endometrial biopsy's and both came back alright.  I did enjoy not having periods
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.