Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Reoccurring Ovarian Cysts

Hi,

I posted on here a while ago as I had 2 large dermoid cysts to give you an Idea the one of my left ovary was around 20x19x10 when they finally removed it (I looked 6months pregnant).  I was very lucky as both cysts where removed by laparoscopy although the surgery took 4 and a half hours, I had a total of seven incisions and my surgeon managed to save both ovaries he repaired them both my monthly cycle was back to normal after the operation this all happened in February of this year.... I am now experiencing the same symptoms a swollen stomach more on the left side and this is solid I am concerned that I am growing another alien!  I have been to the doctors and requested another scan, so my question is has anyone had a large ovarian cyst reoccur so soon?  

Thanks

TJ
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The scar tissue itself is nothing to mess with.  I ended up having laporoscopic surgery several years back due to adhesions.  My ovary was stuck to my uterus with adhesions causing EXTREME pain for a few days around ovulation.  At my last c-section I was told that the adhesions have taken over most of my pelvic area and that they are engulfing my uterus, ovaries and bladder (thank God they haven't involved my bowels yet) and that my only hope of pain relief is another surgery, which could grow yet even more adhesions.  It is a never ending cycle.  :(  I've been looking into gels they can use during surgery to help prevent adhesion formation, but so far most of the studies as to how safe or effective it is, seems to be quite sketchy.

Thanks,
Melissa
Helpful - 0
Many thanks marianne, I hope that this is only scar tissue not looking forward to another op will keep you posted.

TJx
Helpful - 0
I've not had one recur, but I know they can....
Hang in there.. It could also be localized inflammation or scar tissue forming.
You're right to have another TVUS done to see what's going on. Hopefully it comes out alright!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.