Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Multiple diagnoses after oopherectomy

Hello to all the amazing posters in this forum.  I've been lurking here for the past four months after an initial incidental finding of bilateral ovarian masses.  After a number of sonograms, two CTs and an MRI, my doctor advised me strongly to have a bilateral oopherectomy since the MRI finding indicated stromal tumors of both ovaries.  I am 56 and post-menopausal for the last 3+ years.

Thanks to the wonderful advice and shared experiences of the very strong women here, I was completely prepared for what to expect pre- and post-laproscopy.  Tue surgeon removed both ovaries and portions of both tubes.  My final pathology report showed diffuse stromal hyperplasia bilaterally, paratubal cysts and cystic Walthard nests in one tube, and nodular proliferation of hilar Leydig cells, germinal inclusion cyst and surface fibrous adhesions on one of the two ovaries.

My doctor says these are all benign findings, but that my situation could have become "problematical" in a few years.  I'm amazed that so many different types of cysts/tumors/growths could be found at one time!  Is this kind of multiple finding common?

Since my findings were all benign, I cannot consider myself a "survivor", but I do want to offer my sincerest support for everyone here because the tests and waiting times and the months of not knowing really do take a toll.  My news was good, but for so many women here, the road goes on and on.  I am in awe of all of you.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey there!  Congratulations are in order here! It is always so nice to hear good news...thanks for sharing!
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
I am pleased to read that your multiple tumours were benign.  You must have been very relieved.  You are so right, this is a wonderful forum packed full of good advice and of course the most fantastic, courageous women you are likely to find.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.