Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hey AngelWings!!!

I was so glad to see you posted again recently. I have been away from the site for a while, but found you were in my thoughts so much. Your 2nd surgery must be coming up soon. Hows the healing going from the first? At least for the 2nd one you'll have a better sense of what to expect, and a team of great docs working on you. I know it was a bitter dissapointment how everything happened the first time, I am so hopeful for you for the upcoming proceedure.  I really have thought about you every day, as we had our surgeries around the same time and therefore I felt really connected to you...
Anyway I just wanted you to know how much positive energy I am sending to "angelwings" and I am wishing you the best possible outcome for the next step, and a swift recovery ....
All my best,
Donna (aka "wonderwoman66"-was trying to boost my ego with this nickname!)
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That's great you are returning back to work Monday! Beast of luck to you on your masters! Keep in touch!
Paula
Helpful - 0
thanks for your reply, i will think of you on wed and hope you are pain free soon. thanks for asking about me i return to work next monday i work full time and i am starting back next friday on my masters course with 3 teenagers at home i hope i can cope ! i'll be dishing out the chores again (the last 3 weeks they have all got used to me being at home full time and getting on with it)im thankful that im well enough to do it, take care sharon
Helpful - 0
ive also had you in my thoughts as you had your surgery just after me. it was good to hear you are healing well, you seem to have good spirits despite the pending surgery. dont forget youll have lots of pain relief on offer and it sounds like youll have a good team giving you lots of attention too. best wishes sharon
Helpful - 0
Hi Sharon,
Nice to hear from you! Thanks so much for saying " Hi!" How are you feeling since your surgery? I have been thinking of several people and you and wonderwoman66 were one of them.
I am trying to be in good spirits,I have my good and bad days, I am getting a colonoscopy next Wednesday, I called to ask them how long then it takes to get results the nurse said 2 weeks, now I found out I can't see the new surgeon gyno/oncologist till Oct.25th I have to give him my medical records, so now it is going to take longer to get the operation maybe around thanksgiving[?]I'm guessing. The main thing is putting up with this pain! Ugh!
God Bless!
Paula
Helpful - 0
Hi Donna,
What a nice surprise to get a post from you! Thank you for thinking of me! Hope you are doing well! How have you been feeling? I have been thinking of you as well!
My 2nd surgery date should be in 3-4 weeks, I didn't get a date yet. I am getting a colonoscopy next Wednesday-FUN! The 1st gyno who did the operation wants me to go to a different hospital which is pretty far from where I live to get the operation with a team of new docs a : gyno/oncologist to remove the adhesions on my colon,intestine and maybe on the bladder and kidney then to remove part of my colon and intestine, another gyno, and a urologist to put the stents in my bladder. The 1st gyno said I may have to get a hysterectomy instead of a laporotomy on my left ovary. I will be seeing the new gyno/oncologist in 2-3 weeks to talk. In all honesty it is a bit overwhelming and the thought of it all gets me nervous cause when I was in the hospital getting my 1st surgery the nurse goes to me "You think your in pain now wait till you get your 2nd surgery!". I have my good and bad days. The 1st gyno said if it isnot cancer it is stage 4 endometriomis. I hope the results from the colonoscopy, and biopsy of the adhesions come out negative. My incision is starting to heal, it is numb but itchy at times!
Thanks for asking!
Have a great day and God bless you!
Paula
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.