Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
114870 tn?1210298346

Very worried

My Mom is 4 months post treatment for ovca 3c.  The past month her sciatica nurve pain has been getting worse and worse.  The past 2 weeks she been taking her pain killers that she still has from after surgery.  One a day helps her and lasts her for 24 hours. Her ca-125 was 3 in august and she had another one done last week and it is 6. I know its normal to fluctuate but now this  and its making me soooooo worried.  All I do is think of this 24 hours a day.  We saw her doc yesterday he said its rare but can happen with ovca.  I also asked wouldnt anything show up on her ca-125 test.  He said almost always yes but there are times when ca125 doesnt show anything.

So my question is did anyone ever have any sciatica pain after treatment weather its tumor related or side affect from chemo treatment.

We are seeing a nuerologist in 2 days but Im so worried about this I figured maybe I can get some answers from people that may have actually had a similar problem.

thanks for any advise.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
160503 tn?1248951442
I had some physical therapy, mostly working with the Swiss ball to develop more core strength.  Other than that, I walk every morning for 1/2 hour and have been doing so since 2000.  Walking during chemo tired me, so I just walked slower.  I am small boned, 5'2" and weigh 123, but was 148 after chemo.  A lot of weight for me. I think physical exercise is helpful in many ways, especially mentally during the ordeal.  Stay on top of it since she's using pain meds, but try not to worry.
Helpful - 0
114870 tn?1210298346
Ohh thank you so much for your response. You really gave me an peace of mind.
Yes she gaind 30lbs with chemo from all the steroids they make you take.  She was a little heavy to begin with.  Short as well so I think its just too much weight for her body and or bones.
Tomorrow we are seeing a nuerologist just to have a proffesional tell me she ok because that is the only way I will be calm.
She has too much pain she takes pain killers every day and thats not a way to live.  I want her to get treatment for her back

What kind of treatment did you get if any?

Shes returning back to work Monday so I want her to be in the best of health.

Thanks again so much.
Helpful - 0
160503 tn?1248951442
I finished chemo in August, 2005 and had a lot of back pain (sciatic) afterward.  I had gained 25lbs. during the 4 months I was on the chemo due to the steroids I had to take.  As soon as I lost the weight, the back pain went away.  Did your mom gain weight during her course of treatment?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.