Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Liquid in Fallopian Tube

I know this is an Ovarian Cancer forum but I don't know where else to go with my question. I am 57, post menopausal and had a vaginal ultrasound done the latter part of June for post menopausal bleeding when they found a tubular, liquid filled growth, recheck in six weeks recommended, which I did. At that time it hadn't changed, and it said possible ovarian cyst. Then I saw a gynecologist (we live in a very small town) and he said he thinks it is liquid in my fallopian tube that has been there since I had my tubes tied when I was 22 and nothing to worry about. I have had ultrasounds done previously, with no mention of liquid in my fallopian tube. Actually, nothing was abnormal. My gyn. at that time wanted me to have it done because of post menopausal bleeding and my endromentiral (sp) was too thick so she put me on progesterone which took care of the problem. I have had lower right pelvic pain, off and on bleeding (about every two weeks lasting from 3 - 7 days)since June. The doctor wants me to wait another three months to have another ultrasound to see if there is any change. He doesn't think there is anything to worry about, but I guess I'm wondering if this is a good procedure to follow. Is liquid in your fallopian tube normal? I have never had any veneral disease.Wouldn't this have shown up on previous ultrasounds? I also am on HRT.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
569983 tn?1216936871
Hello I have been bleeding for 7 day with a lot of pain coming from my  back to the front. I felt that I just had a baby which I didn't. I used up 3 packs of pad in on week and they wore overnighter. Went to the Women’s clinic and the nurse practitioner sent me to do a vaginal ultra sound, the very next day she called me and said she talk to the doctor and they saw that my uterus was enlarged as big as a three month pregnancy women and that I had liquid in my right fallopian tube. The doctor want to see me concerning the out come. I am so scared and worried. I this bad? She gave me pill to cut my bleeding up to right now day 12 and I am still bleeding a little and still have pain. not as painful put still having them. Does this mean I have cancer or somthing very bad?
thanks Luz
Helpful - 0
Thank you very much for your help. I know there are so many women on here who are dealing with such greater problems that I felt kind of silly asking this question. Sometimes it's hard to know where to go for answers or just listen to what the doctor says and hope he knows what he's talking about. But, thank you for taking the time to help me with mine. I will schedule an appointment. Again, thank you.
Helpful - 0
Hi!  Sept 11 had both tubes and ovaries removed at age 35 at 22 had cervix and uterus removed reason for removal of tubes and ovaries fluid in tube VERY LARGE Amount caused by scar tissue from Hysterectomy no infection no cancer it took going to 7 doctors, finally Prayer took me to a Gyn/Onc who took it very seriously I had every single symptom of OC and had prior history of cervical/uterine cancer with strong family hist of cancer I was scared to death and no dr. would listen, kept putting me off don't mess around with this it needs to come out so find a Dr. to take you and your body seriously if it's causing pain and problems it should be removed so that you can get on with living. I am now menopausal at 35 and doing quite well and thanking the good Lord he stayed with me through this. my thoughts, sympathy, and prayers are with all of you on this forum because you wouldn't be here if you didn't need it.
Helpful - 0
160503 tn?1248951442
No matter how you slice it, post menopausal bleeding should be followed.  Any growths or cysts should be followed.  I would get a copy of my medical records and see another GYN or better yet, GYN/ONC.  You need to get these questions answered.  
Linda
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.