Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ovarian Cyst HELP

I am 30 years old.  I had a partial hysterectomy 4 years ago because of profuse bleeding. 3 weeks ago I started cramping so bad that it doubled me over. After a visit to my GYN I was told that one of my ovaries was a solid mass, to keep and eye on it, and the other did show a cyst had ruptured. I have been so tired since all this started, I am so out of energy. I don't even want to get out of bed in the morning. I have been running a fever and just miserable.  Can anyone help. Is this normal with ovarian cysts?  Has anyone ever experienced this same thing.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
140437 tn?1215109742
If you are running a fever you must seek medical attention incase of twisting, bleeding or rupture.

Anna x
Helpful - 0
I don't believe I am running a fever, I think it is just hot flashes.  Sort of like cold sweats.
Helpful - 0
I don't understand why your doctor would want to "keep an eye" on a solid mass. Did he tell you to get another ultrasound done in the near future? It sounds like you already had an ultrasound done. Do you have the report? I would demand answers from him and if he doesn't follow thru I would look for another doctor. You should take your temp 3 times a day. Early in the morning, mid afternoon and before you go to bed. This will tell you if you are running a fever or if it is hot flashes.
Helpful - 0
He is going to do another ultrasound in a month.  He just ordered for me to go have a full blood count done and a blood profile.  I will take my temp 3 times a day to see for sure if I am running a fever. That is just the typical "Mommy" approach of feeling my head and thinking I am hot.
Helpful - 0
It could be that your doctor isn't as concerned due to the size of the cyst.  I think (but not sure) that they usually monitor cysts that are less than 5cm to see if they get bigger or shrink.  

If it's still there after the ultrasound, then you could consider having it removed.  If possible, have it removed laparascopically, since that is much less invasive and involves a quicker recovery time than open abdominal surgery.

95-99% of the time, the growths are benign.  I've had 3 surgeries for ovarian cysts, the last one was 11 cm round, and all the cysts have been benign.

You might also ask your doctor to run a CA-125 blood test.  It is a test that measures whether you have a protein in your blood related to ovarian cancer.  It may or may not be helpful, since it can be elevated for other reasons, but it is something to consider.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Good luck!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.