Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Spots On Kidneys and Liver and a small mass on ovary

I have had a Ct scan a internal sonogram and also a renal scan. they found some spots on my kidney and liver and a small mass on my ovary, i am 42 and have had a hysterectomy, they just took the Ca125 blood test which i havent gotten results on yet, but the symptons i have had for about 6 months have been alot of gas, lower back pain,and the fatigue, but i also have COPD and a very rare muscle disease so i attributed it to that until a few weeks ago when i was feeling very full , very preganant , frequent urination and my bowel movemenst have also been affected to the point of constipation,the frequency has stopped from every 5 min to every 30 min now and the urgerncy has gotten worse in teh past week also my fatgue has gotten so bad i havent been to far from the couch for 5 days now,,my dr has made an appt me with a GYn for this comming week and wants me to make sure i am adament about having a biopsy done,,he doesnt want to make me wait he thinks it should be done ASAP,, so I guess what I would like to hear is if even though all the signs point to me having cancer has anyone had all these symptons and had it come back no Cancer??
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you for your comments, I just got a call from the dr and my CA125 was normal, but from what i have read i cant base anything on that, I have an appt with the Gyn tuesday morning, but im not 100% sure what to ask, also believe it or not with all that i have going on im not on any medicines, strange but true, the only thing that i do have to use is oxygen at night which i do faithfully, my main concern is for 2 weeks now i have had the pain the urgerncy and the bloating,and the fatigue is so overwhelming,,I cant deal with it much longer,  do i have the right to tell them i want the biopsy or should i just let them decide what to do and go with the program?  any help would be greatly appreciated! Isnt it a great feeling to be a Gramma!!!!
Helpful - 0
Hey there ProudNana....I am a proud gramma also!  Anyway, during the routine scans after finishing my chemo (I had ovarian cancer) spots were seen on my liver...they turned out to be benign. It is a good thing too as they were in a spot that would have been inoperable....I was never really scared because all my bloodwork routinely came back normal.
It might be wise for you to seek the opinion of a gyn/oncologist....that doesn't mean you have cancer it is simply the fact that this is their area of specialty....
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
I will be honest and state that it is true your symptoms and initial test results do not look very good.  But, the mass on your ovary is small, and I did not note any evidence of implants elsewhere in your abdomen in your stated results.   Usually, an ovarian cancer spreads to the other ovary, and to the omentum before jumping into kidneys or the liver.  Did they note any fluids in the ultrasound?  Are all the 'spots' on one side of your abdomen, or both?

Given your other health conditions and the medications that you must surely be taking for those conditions, it might also be that you have developed a kidney disease and/or liver disease.   Your symptoms could also be caused by either of these.  

At this point, it is too early to tell, especially since liver disease (even 'benign' liver disease) can cause elevated CA-125 levels!!

To more specifically answer your question,  I do recall that there is a patient who posts (or at least posted in the past) on this forum whose liver spots were determined NOT to be cancer but rather benign hemangiomas <I probably spelled that word wrong!>
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.