Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

BLOATED AND HUNGRY

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A MASSIVE (DOCTORS WORDS) DERMOID CYCST IN
JUNE AND AM DUE TO HAVE SURGERY 31.10 FOR REMOVAL TOGETHER WITH MY OVARY OR POSSIBLY BOTH.  I AM FEELING VERY STRESSED AND TEARFUL AT THE MOMENT  TODAY MY STOMACH FEELS AS IF IT IS FIT TO BURST IT IS SO STRETCHED I FEEL AN ALIEN MAY BURST OUT AT ANY MOMENT.   MY APPETITE IS TREMENDOUS AND I FEEL CONSTANTLY HUNGRY
DO YOU THINK THIS IS BECAUSE I AM STRESSED OUT OR IS IT HORMONAL
I I COULD CRY AT THE DROP OF A HAT.  MY HUSBAND SEEMS UNCONCERNED AND MADE A COMMENT ABOUT HOW HE CANT WAIT FOR ME TO GET MY FIGURE BACK (B*****d). SORRY FOR RAMBLING
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I ate like a horse before my surgery. I swear the swelly belly was from everything I ate before surgery, and not from the gas! A good portion of it is hormonal, and part of it is stress. Some women cleaned, I ate :)
Hang in there!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
Yes the stress of it all must be awful - I certainly found it hard to focus on anything else.  You've had to wait quite a long time but the end is in sight. Your hormones seem a bit out of kilter as well so the only advice I can give is to try and forget or go shopping now for what you need to bring into hospital.  Try eating small snacks, several times a day and avoid a big meal.

And your DH was tactless and not at all funny.

Keep the chin up - the wait will soon be over.
Helpful - 0
ndc
My heart goes out to you on this - I agree stress and hormones is probably the culprit.

Just focus on the end result - count down the days til your surgery and think of what you are going to do afterwards to celebrate getting your life back abit.

As for your hubby - I think men cope worse with illness esp of a loved one than the person themselves.  My husband finds it hard to cope with everything we have going on at the moment, and can't wait for me to have my surgery.  

Sending you a virtual hug ;0)

Dawn
Helpful - 0
143952 tn?1237864541
i think a lot of husbands don't handle these issues very well.  maybe they think they have to appear strong and in control?  i know mine doesn't show emotion very well in the first place!  it finally dawned on me that he DID care when he bagan taping lots of movies for us to watch in the evenings, and they were the type of movies that I would enjoy.  i realized he was trying to keep my mind occupied!  your's may be hiding how he really feels.  good luck :)
Helpful - 0
I think it't totally stress and hormone related.  Right up until my surgery, I cried and ate like there was no tomorrow.  I found great comfort in food and I figured I was bloated anyway.  You've got a month to go and I know it seems like forever, but it will be better soon.  Hang in there and know that we are all here for you, so ramble on my dear!

Men just don't get how easy they've got it, do they?

Hugs,
Shawn
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.