Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

In pain 5 months post laparascopy

Hi - I had a laparascopy on May 12, had fibroids, endo and some ovarian cysts removed.  I am 51 years old and haven't had a period since August 3, which I am guessing could be Menopause.  My problem is the past 6 days I am having pain again, cramps like before I would start a period plus some right-side ovarian pain.  Can endo or cysts come back so soon?  Thanks.  Becky
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
MickeyVicki and Maribel - Thanks for your responses to my post.  I appreciate it.  Becky
Helpful - 0
Hi, I am in the process of trying to get approval from my insurance for a hysterectomy. I was talking with a co-worker yesterday about me getting a partial hysterectomy, but she mention that cysts come back to soon and her question to me was did I want to go through a second surgery in a few months to do a full hysterectomy? I don't, I'm 35 and have two beautiful children so I think I will go ahead and do a full hysterectomy. I was just concern in regards to menopause because I didn't want to go through all that right now. I've learn so much on this site, and can't believe how many women are going through this and how the medical stablishment just doesn't cares.
Maribel
Helpful - 0
Unfortunately, they can indeed return so soon.  You could have other conditions involved as well, such as adhesions (i.e. scars) from the surgery.  Just make an appointment with your doctor and maybe you can get a diagnosis, then hopefully a resolution of your symptoms.  Best wishes.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.