Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Large Mass and Ovary Disappeared?

Finally had a gyn check out the mass on my ovary. He looked at the MRI results and saw a concern, yet when I had a VU/S there was nothing...no even an ovary. So they did a pelvic U/S and still nothing.
I saw myself that there was nothing there. What happened to my ovary? Determined to find it, she liked to have killed me looking for it and the doctor couldn't explain either. He said the pain that I am feeling is from scar tissue that has built up from all my surgeries prior.
This has totally baffled me. I can understand about the mass disappearing, but my ovary? I know I had an ovary Aug 31st but now I am not sure. Could it be hidded from the scar tissue? Just wondering... Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Is this normal?
Thank you in advance for any feedback given  :)

Praising God Daily,
MeLisa

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had the same thing happen to me when I had an ultro sound done. I have a friend whose sister does ultra sounds for a living and she has told me that often times ovaries don't show up on ultra-sounds...because they move around and sometimes get hidden by other body parts they don't always stay directly to the left and right, sometimes they move behind and in front of other parts.

When I had an MRI done the Dr. was then able to see my ovary, unfortuneatly it had a large eggplant size tumor around it, so I had to have the ovary removed.

Just trying to give you piece of mind that your ovary did not just disappear :)
Helpful - 0
Thank you...hehe...It kind of sounded as though I was alittle crazy.
So the u/s didn't show the tumor?...Was it cancerous?
Mine isn't as big as yours was...as far as I know it was only the size of a tennis ball.
Could the mass still be there and just hidden or could it really be gone?

A womans body is so complex...I am learning something everyday.

Thank you again for your insight.
Praising God daily,
MeLisa

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.