Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

TO DDESMO

HI
SORRY DDESMO BUT I POSTED THIS SAME QUESTION ON BODDITYS THREAD,IM NEW TO THIS FORUM.CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME OTHER SYMPTOMS THAT YOU HAD PRIOR TO DIAGNOSIS AND HOW CYST WAS FOUND,WHAT TYPE OF CYST WAS SUSPECTED ECT ECT. i HAVE MANY SYMPTOMS AND HAVE LEFT SIDED OVARIAN CYST. lIKE YOU I FIND SITTING MORE PAINFUL,MY ONLY REAL RELIEF IS LYING ON RIGHT SIDE WITH KNEES SLIGHTLY BENT AND KEEPING DEAD STILL,EVEN THEN IF GAS DECIDES TO TRAVEL DOWN MY ASENDING COLON I KNOW ABOUT IT.OPENING BOWEL IS PARTICULLY PAINFUL BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER. fAMILY OF BOTH OVARIAN AND BREAST CANCER SO AM UNDERSTANDABLY WORRIED.
CHEERS DAWN.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
YES VERY SORRY.THOUGHT AFTER I CLICKED ON POST THAT I SHOULD HAVE SAID GOOD LUCK FOR THE 10TH. PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW YOU GOT ON(we have to try and remember others but somtimes we get so wrapped up with our own problems that we forget there are others worse off than ourselves.)Best wishes
Helpful - 0
135691 tn?1271097123
Hi, sorry, had to jump in on Danielle's thread. I think she meant 99% of cysts are benign. Just didn't want you to panic!
Becky
Helpful - 0
Dawn,

I was 39 years old when I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer stage 1c. My tumor was 13cm when diagnosed. When I was around 34 years old, I suddenly developed constipation. I had increasingly become bloated (thought it was because I was getting older) and very gassy (thought that was just genetic, since my mom is the same way). I went in about 4 months late to my paps/pelvic annual exam (when 39)complaining of a bladder infection. This bladder infection was different, however, no burning at the end of urinating, just pain at the beginning. I also was going to the bathroom (urinating) more frequently with smaller amounts. There was pain before going. When I went into my annual appointment, my bladder infection test (so I thought) came back as negative. My doctor said my bladder was way up towards my abdomen and they sent me for an ultrasound.

I went into the ultrasound and told the technicians "You aren't going to find anything". I was serious, I didn't think they were. An hour later as people rushed in and out of the room and the doctor came in and said "She's outpatient?", the radiologist said my ultrasound came back abnormal, we are sending your right over for a blood test to make sure you don't have a tubal pregnancy (husband had vasectomy) and you have a doctor's appointment first thing tomorrow morning with your family doctor. My head was spinning. I went into my family doctor's office the next day, he told me it could be a cyst, an endometrioma or cancer. I cried and cried, again, I thought it was nothing so I went by myself to this appointment. My doctor told me he was going to do a CA125 test and have a CT scan that day. I immediately went to the lab (down the hall), was sobbing uncontrollably. The lab tech asked me was I afraid of needles? I couldn't answer because I was crying so hard. Went for my CT Scan (called my husband home from work to go with me). This was on a Friday and on Monday saw the OB-GYN surgeon. Scheduled me for surgery the next week.

By the time I went in for surgery, I could not sit upright because of the pain of the cyst on my bladder and other organs. I remember the Saturday before my surgery on Monday at the Olive Garden with my sister and best friend, leaning down in the seat because of the pain. It was so wierd how it progressed so quickly within two weeks time. Went in for surgery with a possibility of a partial hysterectomy. Woke up with "Danielle you've had a complete hysterectomy and it was cancer". Just amazing. My cyst burst upon removal, so they had to do a complete hysterectomy, since the cancer had spread throughout my organs via the cyst. The cancer was rinsed out very thoroughly and without the bursting did not spread anywhere, so I am clear now. I had another surgery after that, Ovarian Cancer staging and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy (new procdure for ovarian and colon cancer patients). My one year appointment is October 11th so I will see for sure then.

As you see, everything happened very quickly for me. My doctors/surgeons took very good care of me in such a short period of time. I just cannot believe you have to wait so long. My pain worsened very quickly. I think the cyst was growing so fast, the bigger it got. I really hope you push this to get attention to your problem quicker. Remember only 99% of cysts are cancer, so the odds are in your favor. I hope this helps and I hope you can push up your appointments. Please take care of yourself and keep me posted.

Sincerely,
Danielle
Helpful - 0
Cheers. I have had vague symptoms since about feb which started with change in bowel habits and niggle in side(went from 1 to 7 a day )but left it until june before i saw gp(although i did ask for ovc screening in which he did blood test), . After internal(when he said thats your womb,and i said i have not got womb. he replied well thats where it would have been!does not inspire confidence )he referred me to gastic surgeon. She was not happy about my gp doing bloods for ovc screening so ordered scan,she also did colonoscopy which was clear.This was done in july and by then the pain in my left side was getting more and more constant and painful.My scan was done in sept after i had to take my husband to gp to emphasise the pain i was in!.I waited and waited until in the end i made app to see different gp(lady) to get reults 10 days later. I read 10cm simple cyst over her shoulder and was so pleased they had found somthing i cried(i have a father who is a hyprecondiac and i thought i was going same way)im sure my husband thought it was in my mind.A week later the letter was still at the gps waiting for her to sign it(she was on leave) and i know that the waiting list is about 4-6wks on the nhs(im from the uk)so i have decided to go private. In fact consultant rang this morn and im seeing him fri 13th(what a day).I too thought i had bladder infection as mine hurts at the start of pee but my urine sample came back clear. If i stand for too long i get dragging sensation and have to sit. If i sit i getfelly bad aching. But somtimes pain is bareable others its absouloute hell and i sit in tiolet at work bent double and cry. Can not find reason why somtimes is worse than others except i wonder if thats when it is growing.Best go im very long winded. Many thanks again
Helpful - 0
Thanks Tybear, you are correct, that is what I meant, whew! Glad you caught that. I try to be so careful when answering by pre-reading my posts.

I hope you are doing okay, Tybear. I really am feeling for you and want and pray for all to be okay. I hope you get to the doctor this week for your appointment.

Take Care,
Danielle
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.