Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

finkaz

hi finkaz, just wandering how your getting on. life feels very hard at the moment doesnt it? and so empty, dont know if your coming or going. its been 3 weeks since mum has gone and its still so devastating. on top of it all its my dads 1st anniversary of his passing next week. i feel like i'm cursed, and am always waiting for the next thing to happen (please god nothing else!)my thoughts are with you and your family xx
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
HELLO
I am new to this forum but my mum also died from ovc at the age of 52 and i can totally relate to how you feel I was 8 months preg at the time with her 1st granchild and lived at home(my husband and i did not have our own home then), i helped nurse her but luckly for my mom she was only ill for 6 months from diagnosis through radio therapy to death. That was 24 year ago and although i still miss her like hell and dream about her all the time i have learnt to appriciate that she did not suffer as much as i know others have.
My youngest daughter is so much like her,that my dad finds comfort in her(they are so close)and although he married again and this wife also has now got terminal cancer, he finds great strength from my daughter. Who i must say has such apathy with my dad its uncanny(as soon as she was born my dad said she looked like my mum),nobody can replace our mums, but i would not want to anyway. I try hard to remember the good times and tell my girls all about her. One day we will meet again and when that day comes i will say all the things i wished i had said when she was alive.
goodnight.
goodbless.
Helpful - 0
hi thanks for your reply, sorry for your loss too and that your dad is ill, it is very hard isnt it? but i know life has to go on if not what is the whole point of our parents. i hope your dad is not in any pain, that is all we can ask for when our loved ones are dx with a terminal illness. my thoughts are with you. x
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.