Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

question for MICKEYVICKI

CAN I PLEASE ASK YOU ARE YOU A NURSE OR DOCTOR?. ONLY ALL YOUR ANSWERS ARE SO INFORMATIVE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE THAT YOU HAVE ME WONDERING. sorry if others already know the answer but im new to these forums. hope you dont mind my asking!. Dawn
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
143952 tn?1237864541
lower right pelvic region.  several spots actually, but in particular near the pubic bone.  i've had colonoscopy (clear) and bladder scope (mild irritation).  don't know where to go from here.  i feel like a hydocondriac every time i walk into the dr's office now.  i just know that i don't feel right and have never had any issues in that region until now.  the pain is actually better than it was when the problem originated in april, so i guess that's a good sign!  glad to hear you're finally getting somewhere with your doctor!
susan
Helpful - 0
yes app went ok he feels its bowel issue. Have another scan in 3 weeks(he feels cyst will be gone by then)and has said he has no problem with removing both ovaries due to family history. My gp said the cyst was about 4"(10cm) we now think(hubby and i)that gp meant 4cm, this accounts for lots of things now especially the consultant re-ordering the scan and my gp not feeling anything!!!I am going back to gp tomorrow for stronger painkillers and a gentic testing form(i have 3 daughters)and will look at scan results myself. So check this out tomorrow and i will let you know how it went if you are interested!. What sort of pain  are you in and where do you get it?
Helpful - 0
143952 tn?1237864541
thanks, yes, it did.  i'm so amazed when i hear that a doc didn't feel a cyst as large as 10cm.  doesn't give one much confidence, does it?  my numerous U/S and one CT scan shows nothing, but still the pain in there.  CA125 is, 22, but for 10 years post menopause considered high normal.  i have to keep hoping that SURELY if someone was going on it would have shown up on a scan by now (five months now)!  hope your appointment went well :)
susan
Helpful - 0
No Problem susan.Jan-odd niggle. Feb-asked gp for screening and he did C125 test.June-pain worse so back to gp,internal but could not feel anything!. Sent to gastric surgeon for bowel investigation(as bowel habits had altered). Before colonoscopy (in july)was done, talked to gatro surgeon about family history and C125 test. She did not reccomend this test for screening so ordered pelvic scan.Scan in sept. Abdominal scan and after emptying bladder a vaginal scan was done.So (i am long winded in more ways than 1)in short abdominal and vaginal scan. I am seeing gyny this afternoon to discuss surgery.
Hope this helped Dawn X
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Well put Mickie but you are too modest.  I went to Colorado week before last to qualify a good friend and an Instructor I respect in the same course that shanghaied me last year.  I had another collegeue I trust tell me that although all my Technical Degrees are from the Military and Clep testing, that I had a PHD in bleeding edge networking.  I was flattered that my experience and accomplishmients seemed to matter more than degrees.  It occured to me that in the long run, that's more improtant if you think about it.  I have had PHD's in my classes over the years so I guess those degrees, as hard as they are to get, do not guarentee anything.  Performance matters Mickie and you have held this all important site together for more years than I have been here.  My hat is off to you!  Nurse!  Hells Bells, you are way better!  Lets hear it for Mickie!  MV
Helpful - 0
Well,  thank you.   Actually, I have a business degree!  My first introduction to medical matters came in Red Cross life guard classes, and I have kept up with the CPR (every year) and First Aid (every three years) courses since my teenage years.    About 15 years ago, I began working in the field of home health care.  The work was strictly in the companion care category at first.  But  I develop close relationships with clients, and it made more sense to evolve into greater degrees of care as my clients' needs changed. Part of my duties include taking clients to appointments, and  I have spent more time in hospitals and doctors' offices than most people can imagine.      Technically,  I am a Personal Care Aide, but in reality I do the same work as a Certified Nursing Assistant.  

So...in short...I have the experience of someone who works in a medically related field, and the know-how to explain it like a marketing professional!!!
Helpful - 0
136956 tn?1688675680
she is the best!!!!!! she is so caring as well.  I love her to bits :)  to be honest she is better than most doctors.
Helpful - 0
143952 tn?1237864541
wow - that's a lot of typos!  i meant, posted under someone's thread!
Helpful - 0
143952 tn?1237864541
Hi - I notice on your posting under someone else's threat (answers forum) that you had a long wait until diagnosed with a 10cm cyst.  do you mind my asking how they finally found it - u/s, scan, etc?
susan
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.