Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Need Feedback on Radiology Report

I'm hoping the reason I'm being ignored is because I didn't put a good subject line in my last message.  :)  So I'm trying again....

Could anyone help me with the information I posted in my last message, please?  Thank you!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Free fluid generally comes from a ruptured cyst-whether it is a normal corpus luteum cyst rupture or a cyst that you have had for a while.  It is also normal to have a certain amount of free fluid in the pelvis.
Helpful - 0
Hi!  Welcome!  I'm really sorry, I don't think we are ignoring you, it's just that... well it's hard to say ultimately what anything is until they biopsy tissue.  I am also sorry you have to wait, the waiting is just horrible.  Could you get a bit pushy and say you CANNOT wait two weeks, that you are really upset?  That's too long to wait I think.    
Your symptoms of bloating, indigestion & fatigue, as you know, could be caused by many things, as well as ovarian problems, from cysts to cancer.  You could have IBS.  You could have an iron deficiency.  Your diet might be lacking.  You might be under a lot of stress. You can even feel rotten from not drinking enough liquid during the day.  
Abnormal periods are just that, abnormal, and you must find the reason for that too.  Don't let the doctor brush you off.  A 1 cm cyst is not considered large, but the fact that it is complex is a reason to watch it.  (It means it has some more solid components to it).  Sometimes they just resolve on their own, even the complex ones.
Now, having said all that, (some here may disagree with this), but just so you know, when my doctor looked at my test results (I had two large complex cysts on my ovary) he said "This is not cancer".  (Of course he does have a major God complex!) but still, he did say that, and, he was right.  I think sometimes they can tell if it looks bad from the scans, but the theory is "they can't tell for sure until it is biopsied".
PLEASE try not to panic, although we know it is next to impossible.  See if you can get in earlier.  When I get in a lather like that, I phone the nurse and say "I know he is really busy, but would you mind just talking to me for a few minutes?"  My doctor's nurse (when I assure her I don't mind her talking to me, that she not breaking any confidential aspects) has been quite helpful to me over the years.  You'd be surprised what you can pry out of them!  Might be worth a try anyway.
Post as much as you want here, we will try to do our best to answer!  Drop by our craaaaazy Cyber Party tonight.... later in the evening, Raven/Mary will get it started here, gals from all over bring "virtual" food and drinks (hey ya gotta have a good imagination!!!)
Hang in there!  I am hoping for the very best for you,
Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
143952 tn?1237864541
i agree - i don't think anyone ever means to ignore anyone on this site.  i think it depends upon the question and whether someone else has a personal experience they can share, or whether someone feels comfortably able to answer the question.  i've had a few questions that went unanswered and i'm sure it's because no one here could help shed any light.  I would take some comfort in the fact that the cyst is so small, however.  you might try posting your question under the "ovarian cancer answers" forum.  the doctor on the forum is wonderful, and she usually takes two questions per day.  good luck :)
susan
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.