Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

!!!Cyber Party!!!

Greetings Cysters,
    It's Saturday night here in the states and time for Cyber Party.  Havn't had them most of the summer but we had one just about every Saturday night into spring.  Bring a virtual vittle and beverage of choice and put it on the table by the Hot Tub, oh we will have a cyber soak later on. About the time we run out of steam here in the states, the Cysters from OZ (Australia) show up to carry on (and I mean carry on!  They are a wild bunch but gotta love them!)  This is the time to relax and take a break from our usual intense subjects so we can get to know each other better.  I live in Minnesota as does Mary53 so tell us where you hale from, kids, better halves etc.  We usually start out with something trivial so tell us what kind of vehicle you drive, mines a black Wrangler I like to take out "mudding" as my son calls it.  Matter of fact my DH is out washing the muck off from yesterday.  (Did pretty good, didn't hit any stumps this time!)  Much as I love my Jeep, I'd have to say my favorite car was a 1978 Volkswagon Scirroco.  I called her Bun cause that's what was on the plates and it just kind of stuck.  She was tornado red and had the greatest 0 to 60! I call the Jeep "Thunder" cause that's kind of what it sounds like when I hit a stump! Tell us what your favorite vehicle is/was and let's Party! MV
51 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
Shawn, can I PPPLLLLEEEAASSSEEE go to South Padre with you???  Sunbathing and margaritas is my kind of vacation....especially since all the kiddies are back in school.  Sounds like a little slice of heaven since it's gotten so chilly the last few days.  Of course, no snow.  If it snowed in Kentucky in October, the end of the earth would be near.

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
This tired mommy is joining you from New Jersey. It's nice to see some fun going on! Today we took our girls (2 & 1) pumpkin picking. They had a blast! It's getting cold here. I had to break down and turn the heat on yesterday. I always try to wait till after Halloween but I never make it. I was just downloading the pics from today and thought I'd check the forum. I am enjoying a glass of cheap wine and a popsicle...what a combo! Speaking of cars...gotta get the pumpkins out of the mini van I drive! Have fun ladies!
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Well hi there everyone! It's 10.30 am Sunday morning here in Oz so better stick to the cuppa til at least lunchtime, then watch out - 'cause I rock 'n roll when the corks start a-poppin'. Mmmmm, on the subject of cars - my eldest got his P's about 2 weeks ago (provisional licence) and owns a bright lime green Holden HQ ute 1974 model. Can't say it's the most comfortable ride I've ever had! I'm not much into cars though - just so long as I can get from A to B without any dramas I'm a happy gal. My vehicle is getting real close to need replacing, so that's the next thing I guess. It's spring over here and the weather is just glorious today. We have had horrible gail force winds over the last couple of weeks and unseasonably high temperatures, so bush fire season has well and truly started. But today there's just a gentle breeze and it's lovely. I've been on school holidays and it's back to work tomorrow! Ten weeks and then close enough to 6 weeks off. Can you believe it's only 10 weeks to Xmas? WOW! This year has flown!!!! Oki doki, I'll pop out and do some ironing and come be back in a jiffy to see who's misbehaving!! Go girls!!!
Helpful - 0
Hello all, Glad to see you brought back the Cyber party!  I've missed you Raven/Mary.
Let's see I drive a VW Jetta, gotta love the mileage with the diesel!  Sorry but I ate ALL the hummous and pita I was going to bring, but I have a few Stella Artois I dug out from the back of the fridge!  Did you get snow in New Jersey?  Usually that's MY weather report from here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada!
Where is South Padre???
Helpful - 0
Absolutely...come and join me!  It's still warm here and will be in the upper 80's since we've had a cold front...LOL  Atleast it got us out of the 90's.

This time of year the island is pretty much deserted and will be quite romantic.  We've got a right on the beach.  There will be lots of margaritas and Mexican food.  Thank God for Spandex!
Helpful - 0
Hi everyone...yes it's been a long time since we've had a cyberparty! Here in LA it's almost 6 and I'm going to dinner with a couple of girlfriends then to a comedy show! Hope you all have fun and I'll check in later!
Helpful - 0
South Padre Island is the southern most tip of Texas near the Mexico border.  It's beautiful and peaceful this time of year.
Definetly a far cry from Canada.  However, I wish it would get cold here.  I'm tired of Capri pants and sandals....which is pretty much our wardrobe in Texas 8 months out of the year...LOL

How are things with you?
Helpful - 0
That's funny, as I have been wearing the same pair of Capris for three summers now, hardly get to wear them!!!!!!  I can't even find my sandals for most of the year!!!!
Helpful - 0
No snow here in South Jersey. Please the last thing I can do is be snowbound with toddlers!!!
Helpful - 0
Hi everyone, glad you are all having fun.  I just walked in the door with my hubby and two kids.  We were out at a new Mexican restaurant tonight.  I had carne asada, it was pretty darn deicious too.  My hubby had a grande margurita (spelling?) hee hee, anyway, I ended up having to drive home if you know what I mean.  I just started driving since my surgery,but it was safer with me driving then him.  I will probably take the kids to the pumpkin patch tomorrow, I can't believe halloween is soooo close.  Is it me or is time flying?  I hope all you wonderful ladies have a great night, nice seeing you all here!!!  Merytre
Helpful - 0
Time is flying! We stopped at the mall to make a quick return at Macy's and they had Christmas decorations up. I know I say it every year but it's not even Halloween! I love autumn! I am in no rush for winter. And although I love capris and sandals I'd miss sweaters and scarves and my new found love of hats!
Well, I am off to bed ladies. If I am not in bed by 930pm I am dragging at 630am when the chicken coop (my nick name for the kiddies) wake up.  Have fun and party on!
Helpful - 0
This is cool!  We're all spread about.  Hey Snorchy....I saw your comment in the relationship forum.....good one.  Interesting stuff overthere.

Gail--I meant to say we have a condo right on the beach...I guess I backspaced over it...oops.
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Just checked in to see who's been naughty. NO-ONE!!!!!! You are all such good girls.
Helpful - 0
I am waiting to be naughty over the next few days!  LOL

Helpful - 0
Hey you, what's up with you?  Where ya been?  How are you?
Helpful - 0
I just read Snorchy's comment! I didn't even know there was a relationship section!  
My husband would say I cheat on him with Snorchy and you gals!!!  He says, "How are all the Cystettes today??"  LOL
Helpful - 0
I know.  I didn't either until the other day out of sheer boredom I just nosed around and there it was.  It's new and it's quite interesting.

Shawn
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
OK Shawn, now I'm jealous.  A condo on the beach?  Sounds wonderful!  Is your fiance going?  If he is, I might be in the way!  At this point, I think I'd volunteer to sleep on the beach if I could just go, though.  

Speaking of sleep, the hotel room I am in is a "sleep advantage" room.  The room has a Tempurpedic mattress on the bed, sleep amenities (Yes, I got that off the brochure) such as an eye mask, ear plugs, and lavender aromatherapy spray for the linens, a clip for the curtains to pinch them shut to keep out light, and a CD player with a CD of things like "Cloudland Canyon" and "Starry Sea", which I assume is relaxtion music.  Maybe I don't get out much or someting, but geez...I can't wait to go to bed!  LOL!!  Some party animal I am, huh?!?!

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
Yes, he's going......but you're still welcome!

As for the Tempurpedic---you'll love it.  Considering where you are right now, I'd say those are pretty nice accomodations.  

Hey I am not that much of a party animal....we'll drink some margaritas and play scrabble...heehe  The words will get worse as we go along.  Well, atleast mine will.  He's a member of the MENSA society so, unless I spike his drinks a little more, I will more than likely lose....LOL
Helpful - 0
No hair stories?  No scotch?  What has happened here?  You guys are a bunch of wooses!  Hey Raven...what's up?
Any tornadoes in your neck of the woods?  Geeze... I hope not....snow, huh?  None here yet and I am not complaining....bet it's pretty, though.  I will be happy if it waits until Holloween ......it'll take me that long to get the Fall stuff out....I just might join you in the hot tub tonight...nobody home here..just me and my baby kitties...right now they are locked in the bathroom....soon they will be off to bed .....they are harder than kids!  At least I'm not having to bottle feed them anymore....hopefully my fingers will be healed soon...
WAKE UP GIRLS...IT IS PARTY TIME...THE OLD TIMERS KNOW HOW TO DO THIS....you show them Raven.....
Party on ladies.....
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
Glad to see you here!  How are you feeling?  

Shawn
Helpful - 0
I am doing great...hope the same is true for you.  Thanks for asking....
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
Geeze...what a mess I made of that name....I am blushing and laughing....oh man....sorry about that....must be my Trekkie stuff comming out...
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
Hey all,
I'm glad there's a cyber party! I'm home because I have to work tomorrow at 8 am.  I live in Rochester, NY just outside of where it snowed 2 feet!  I can't believe it's snowing that much and it's not even Halloween.  We're known for that kinda weather though.  As for my car I drive a beat up Mazda 626 that's a 1991.  It gets me to college and work so I can't complain.  I hope everyone is having a fantastic night!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.