Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Haven't disappeared and apologies

I'm not abandoning this site or you ladies. Been a crazy couple months trying to get family issues in order. My mother had a horrendous car accident last Jan and this summer there was an overall family falling out. She's now doing much better and getting help for severe post-traumatic stress. In addition, I turned 45 last month and celebrated in California with another good friend of mine who turned 45 within days of me. Then...I skipped my period which would have made me nervous had I not had my tubes tied in June (yes I tested anyway, yes it's negative). Could it be (dare I say it) the start of menopause? Not freaked out by it...too much.... :)

Hope all is going well with everyone and much love. I'm going to catch up now.
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Debruns you have me cracking up. I just had foils put in last night and I didnt even think to ask my hair stylist for a few xtra for the ole pube area, wouldnt that be a sight?  foil hair under the hair dryer and blow dryer beteen the legs... yikes, ouch, hot... lol!
Helpful - 0
Wow, never thought to look.  I am sure there is a product out similar to the "Just for Men" line called "Just for Pubes".  Probably available in all shades since you would def want to match both ends in case you were in a car accident or something.  (You know how your mother always told you to have clean underwear on in case you are in a car accident???  Well, same thing, make sure your pubes match your head so the nurse isn't going "ah ha, she dyed her pubes...")  But then of course if you highlight your hair on your head it could get rather complicated...I can't imagine how you would "foil" pubic hair.  Ughhh......another dilemma to ponder.
Helpful - 0
Well seeing as we're on this subject..... I have to say I have had a grey pubic hair since I hit 30.  I pulled it out but it grew back so I'm stuck with it.  My pubes have also thinned out but I never had much there to begin with and it's quite light in colour.  I'm always quite shocked when I see bodies of naked women with lots of black hair down there!

I have highlights in my head hair so I don't know if it's grey or not!  

Helpful - 0
I hate gray pube hair! I am 45 (in a few days) and now that I have been in surgical menopause since August, I went from one to ten and counting. Yekko, sorry, I did not know this happened! You think I would, but it doesnt see the sun much and I dont have any gray on top. Anybody know how to fix that without using the tweezers? ;-) It does make me feel a bit grandma -old. But my handsome Hungarian husband has a thick head of salt and pepper hair, I dont think he minds.

Anybody watching the Card vs the Mets? Sure is a nailbiter tied 1 to 1. of course I say, GO CARDS!
Helpful - 0
Isn't it funny what ultimately freaks us out? I'm going to see a friend of mine that I haven't seen since high school let out (we're talking 27 years) next month. He's a surgeon in the Army, spent time on the front lines, etc. (bless him). I've seen video of him and he looks great, yet is freaked out about going bald. For men it seems to be balding when they age and penis size at any point in their lives!  Glad we don't have to worry about 'vagina size' :)  

At my 25th high school reunion, a group of us stayed up till 4 AM talking. Tom grabbed hold of that, decided we all needed that in our lives, and formed a 'Big Chill' sort of group specifically for emotional support. I'm struck at how much men seem to need that -- I guess we women do that in forums like this. So far it's been really nice. I can share bits of songs I'm writing, Tom can share his book he's writing, and we can get critique, praise, etc. Some activities spouses are allowed, others not, because we don't want to bring difficult emotional discussions back home to the bedroom. Probably wise.

L.
Helpful - 0
I'd rather have grey pubic hair than be bald. lol. In fact i've had grey public hair since i was in my late 30's...12 years ago. And I don't have any grey on my head. How weird is that?

Hudson
Helpful - 0
Hi Linda,
Thanks for the update. PTSD is a nasty piece of work and it's good that your mum is seeking help with it - if it isn't worked on through therapy or counselling it rages or lingers on and on.

I'm not surprised that your period was late/missed after the hard summer you've had.  Okay maybe the ovaries are in a bit of a decline at our age but as the saying goes one missed period does not a menopause make (or should that be two swallows does not a summer make?).  Whatever.

Your holiday/birthday celebrations sounded like fun.  California conjours up images of sun, beautiful beaches and a free loving way of life as seen from the steering wheel of a highly decorated VW Camper Van (would have to be in gorgeous condition with lots of Kath Kidston).  Puts a smile on your face even thinking about it.

All the best, Ursula xx
Helpful - 0
Hi Linda!

Don't worry about menopause - it's not neccesarily that bad, honestly!

Re PTSD the current latest thinking is that what should be considered is something called something like .......Rapid eyeMovement ,eg .....REM. here in the UK it is now used by psychologists etc specifically for ptsd. (My brain has gone soft, that's why I can't rmember the exact name - I might look it up!) Anyway best of luck with your mum, it must be quite a worry.

Your hols sound great! I also love that spanish/moorish style of inner gardens - you see a lot of them in Andalucia in Spain, so beautiful!

Tanya
Helpful - 0
Ladies, for some reason menopause doesn't bother me. What bothers me, oddly enough, is that thought that my pubic hair will turn grey. God, don't ask why, isn't that funny? Maybe it's the female equivalent of men losing their hair? I can't tell you how many of my high school buddies told me before I organized the reunion -- "I'm losing my hair". Then you see them and they are gorgeous and successful so who cares about hair for God's sake? They are surgeons and ER docs and VPs and good husbands. Isn't it funny, the X/Y paradox?
Helpful - 0
143952 tn?1237864541
how funny....i'm the opposite.  i've had to "highlight" my hair for years (my hairdresser keeps telling my i'm going to have to give up and just dye the whole lot one day!), but the pubic hair has thinned out a great deal.  seems weird, but better than losing it on the top!

susan
Helpful - 0
I was in Orange County with two days spent in Beverly Hills. We had lovely weather. I really like that area of the country. I especially appreciate the use of outdoor space in some of the model homes we toured - the open air central courtyards and the different landscaped 'rooms' around the perimeter of the homes. With the walled gardens, it's hard to belive that you had neighbors! I live on four acres here in VA and we are not that manicured :)

L.
Helpful - 0
143952 tn?1237864541
hi linda - glad to hear you're doing well!  where did you visit in CA - i live near los angeles.  hope we were having good weather while you were here!
susan
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.