Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Now Surgery for cyst after D

To make a long story short. I had post menopause bleeding back in April. That sent me to my regular GYN he found polpys and a sepatated cyst.Had d&c in August polpys removed and my gyn/onco suggested follow up on cyst. Had another U/S done last Thursday cyst is same size but sepatation seems to have gotten wider.She now wants me to have total hyster because I have family history of  OV Caner.Cyst is same size since first discovered but sepatation seems to be worst.I will be moving on Nov 27th and this couldn't have happen at a worst time.Cyst is about 3 inches long.I want to wait until after i move and have done in mid Dec.
How long after surgery do you start to feel better. Will I be able to move around by xmas without pain.I must admt i would rather have total hyster now and nt risk 10 years from now having another problem.I am already out of work becuase of depression now this.Has anyone else have this happen to them?
Thanks Girls
Linda
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Linda.....everyone is different, of course, but I had my surgery a month ago, and I feel pretty much back to normal! I'm still being careful not to lift or do anything too strenuous though. We have to remember that we have a gazillion internal stitches, and it's the inside healing we need to be most concerned about. I really expected recovery to be MUCH harder than it's been, but you certainly won't be able to be lifting or carrying boxes for a good six weeks after your surgery, even if you feel like you could. If your doctor is OK with it, I would wait until after your move unless you have lots and lots of friends who are willing to do all the work for you! Good luck!
Helpful - 0
I am 9 weeks post op, felt really pretty good (actually great) after 4 weeks, THIS CAN BE MISLEADING!! The last thing you want to do is start lifting heavy boxes at less than 6 weeks post op, I have read too many posts and have spoken to other ladies who overdid it because they were "feeling great" and it caused more damage and delayed a full recovery. Following Dr.'s order are really important when it comes to healing.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.