Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

First Week of Radiation Don

HI everyone, just checking in.  I've completed the first week of treatments and we have traveled back home for the weekend.  Everything seems to be going as planned.  The radiation is very brief, seems I'm on the table for about 10 minutes total.  The only side effect that I've noticed is fatigue and a pressure like headache at the end of the day.  No nausea, yippee!

Trying to do a slow taper on the steroids.  I'm looking like a lollipop head these days but since the drugs as doing their job, I'll quite whining.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and concern as I walk down this path.  It means a lot to me!

Christa
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
135691 tn?1271097123
Thanks for thinking of me! I actually just had surgery on Thursday to have a stent put in - the tumors (or masses, or scar tissue - not sure what they are yet!) were pushing on my ureter and causing it to collapse, so back to square one! I had to have this done right after my initial hysterectomy, but it doesn't seem to make it any easier! The Dr's right now are in the midst of deciding if I'm actually having a recurrence (as I was told) or if this is scar tissue - I'm left in the middle to wait and be patient. Not doing so well at the being patient part, but that's life. I'm so glad you've only got two more weeks of this left - hopefully, this is as bad as it gets. Take care of yourself!
Becky
Helpful - 0
Christa:

I am so glad you've updated us.  I've been thinking about you and wondering how it was going for you.  You are one tough cookie and a true inspiration.

Big Texas Hugs,
Shawn
Helpful - 0
Two more weeks, Becky.  How are you doing these days?  I think about you often.
Helpful - 0
135691 tn?1271097123
So good to hear from you Christa! I'm glad the radiation isn't too bad at this point. Thank god you don't have any nausea to contend with! Ugh, I hated taking those steroids, but they do have a job to do - you'll be done with all that soon enough! Enjoy your weekend and good luck next week. How many weeks total do you have to do?
Take care,
Becky
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.