Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

larg ovarian cysts, very worried

Hi All,
I was hoping someone could help me out here. i have had cysts on or around my ovaries for several years, nothing bigger then 1.5. I went to the emergency room this monday for abdominal pain on the right side, well after a u/s i was told i had a cysts 3.9 and my ovarie was 5.1/5.5. so i made a follow up with my gyny today and was told its no big deal and keep taking the pill, it should reduce it. I am still nervous about this and thinking i need to get a second opinion. i do have endometriosis (sorry for the spelling)and had a laproscopy two years ago and they did laser off scar tissue at that time.
i also posted this in another room, before i figured out i could post a question:(
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am new to this website and searching the net for any information I can find. I recently found out I have a 10.1cm complex ovarian mass felt to represent ovarian neoplasm the CT report states there is no free fluid. It also says its felt to be adnexal in origin and that there is a solid and cystic componet,probably contains a componet of normal ovary. The transvag ultasound is slightly conflicting it states the left ovary is enlarged up to 7.2 and there is free fluid in the cul-de-sac, also normal arterial blood flow to both ovaries. How could both the reports be so different, on mass size and fluid? Confused and very scared. I was a releived when I read the post from Hutson that her/your 10cm cyst was benign. Thank God. I have not had a ca125 yet, I go Friday. Also, how big can these cyst grow? and what are the chances it could be cancer?
Helpful - 0
Hi there, usually once a cyst reaches 5cm. it needs to be evaluated further. I would seek a second opinion. However, just because a cyst is larger that 5cm. does not mean it is malignant. I had one that was 10cm. and completely benign. Good luck.

Hudson
Helpful - 0
thanks both of you, for replying. i did make another appt. with another dr. so i hope all turnes out good. any one know why my ovarie would be 5.5. is this something i need to be concerned with? thanks again
Helpful - 0
I think your you should push the issue further and have your doc give you a CA-125 blood test and mention the possibility of an MRI. Ovarian cancer is nothing to fool around with.  If she/he doesn't hear your concerns, get a second opinion just to be safe.

Brilyn
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.