Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

should I be sort of relieved??

Hi Again,
I just got my results back for Ca125 at 11 and some other protein test(can't remember!) at 5. I have not recieved my ct scan results yet but other tests (Ultrasounds both kinds) have
had 3 since july say hemmoragic or endometrioma possibly.
Concern is that they are complex(They say probably blood particles inside) and approx 6.5cm. I am also menopausal at
42(1 yr). I have read this ca125 test is actually more accurate in menopausal women than pre-menopausal.
Should I feel more positive because I am presently scared silly
and stressed out.Have surgery anyway booked for Nov but thoughts
are out of control...
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Mary
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sounds like it probably is a hemmoraghic cyst. The CA-125 being low is good but even if it was high, it doesn't really mean much unless it is a re-test due to already existing diagnosed ovarian cancer. Any cyst that is anything but fluid-filled is considered complex, so particles of blood would make it complex. Thick walls, thick septa (walls internal to the cyst separating it into compartments), solid areas on the walls or solid areas are more concerning for ovarian cancer. So are bi-lateral cysts but one can have a couple of endometriomas too. I would do the surgery because anything over 5 cm. can twist the ovary and lead to pain and death of the ovary. I personally think the chances of ovarian cancer are pretty darn low.

Linda
Helpful - 0
Hi there, I would certainly be releived with those results of the blood test.  I also think its good news the doctor thinks it is other things besides ovc.  You should try to relax and concentrate on getting ready for your surgery. That's good news!  Keep us posted.  Merytre
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the reassurance.I needed that!!
Mary
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.