Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

bilateral adnexal cysts

I went to the doctor yesterday because my back has been hurting the doctor order a MRI which i did and it showed that I have a bilateral adnexal cysts and a fibroid uterus. He sugested I go to my ob and have it checked out asap. My question is I had a hysterectomy 5yr ago how can I have any fibroids. I can tell by the doctor face that he was realy worried about me and of coars my ob was gone for the day so I have to wait until monday. I have so much mixed emotions wright now Im trying not to think about it. If any one has any info please write back
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
well Iv'e spent the day trying to see if I can still apply for health coverage and there is  a 6mos waiting period if surgery is needed, now Im not sure what to do should I go to the doctor and pay out of my pocket which I can do but what scares me if I need surgery how am I going to pay for this I know Im probly jumping the gun here but I dont know what to do next.
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Hi Arlene,
     I am 48 and have a Son and a Daughter (I'll be 49 next Tuesday), both in college now.  We are accustoming ourselves to "The Empty Nest".  I think you are wise to put off talking to the kids as it tells me you are aware that you only have preliminary info at this point.  You have already had the uterus and cervix removed so have taken the max action in terms of your maternal health history.  So I am guessing you still have both ovaries, is that right?  As far as the fibroid guess goes, remember that is is just that, a guess.  See the OB/GYN and have a US.  Try not to worry in the meantime.  If you do Arlene, come here.  MV
Helpful - 0
I am the mother of 4 boys my youngest is 11 hunter and then jonny 16, chris 20 and mike 21 I have a wonderful man that Iv'e been married to for 23 yr so far he the only that know anything that going on I dont want to tell the boys yet or my mom till we know more. I am so greatfull for this web page.
Helpful - 0
My birthday is in july the 9th I am 41 years young I had a hysterectomy  removing my utrus and cervics in 2000 I had fibroid real bad  at that time there was a cysts that was bleed that he removed  and i have been doing realy well until friday I have a realy bad back and it has been bothering me more so lately about 3mos so i went to my orthopidic doctor and had the MRI done and that when he told me it was important to see my ob I thought you couldnt get fibroids once I had a hysterectomy I had and Ideal the the cysts was back I would feel pain sometimes when I would get up you know the awful pain when you cant stand up straight now Im worried about what going to happen my mom had cervical cancer when she was my age but is still here doing well thank god thank you for writing me back
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Oh, just curious, but is your Birthday on November 5th?  MV
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Hello Arlene and welcome!
     Hurry up and wait!  Cyber Scream, for sure!  AAARRRRGGGEEEOOIIIIEEEOOUUUEEEAAAAHHHHHHMMMMM!  Adnexal refers to the location of the cysts.  I am guessing that your OB will want an ultrasound as that is really the primary imaging method used for our "aliens".  So you had a total hyst?  Keep in mind that ovarian remnant syndrome (ORS) is called rare but we hear from Gals here on the site, all the time, who develop cysts where their ovaries use to be.  Fibroids, although associated with the uterus, can develp in any smooth muscle.  So tell us what led you to the hyst, how old you are, kids, etc.  Welcome to the gang Cyster, we call ourselves The Battalion.  Mary V
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.