Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ovarian Mass

I am 45 years old, I had a hysterectomy in Nov 05, an ultrasound on 9/28/06 showed a mass over the left ovary 1 x 2 cm and a cyst and lesion over the right ovary.  On 10/27, one montha fter the first ultrasound the new ultrasound shows two masses on the left side, one 2.6 x 2.2 the other 2.8 x 2.6 cm.  The mass has dobled in size in just 30 days.  My ob-Gyn is out of the country for 20 days, can the sergery to remove the ovaries and mass wait until November 22? What should I do?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am 491/2 on 10-24-2006 I went to the Dr he did not feel anything but since I was complaning of a enlarged belly and lower back pain he did a ultersound they found 4 cysts 1 large and 3 small, he then ordered a CA CA-125 and a CT they found the larg was 8.6 X 2.6 X 2.2 and the samll ones are 2.6, 2.3, 2.5
my CA range is 3.5, and my CA-125 is 8.5 he is going to remove them on 11-20-2006 and I just don't know what to expcet, like I have read in some of yours postings the waiting is BAD so much go throught your mind.
Helpful - 0
I think that the wait is not unreasonable and you had two scans within a month so the doctors are on your case.  Yes the wait is unbearable but 10 days or 22 days it really makes no difference.  The cysts have doubled in size but they are still small. So yes surgery in 22 days is acceptable.  Hang in there.  Take care.
Helpful - 0
167664 tn?1203972620
Yeah, I hear you on the waiting.  I'm about to go insane. It is so hard to know that there is something growing in your body that is not supposed to be there and then wait, wait, wait for tests, appointments, results...blah, blah, blah.  And the more you get referred, the different the story always is.
Helpful - 0
SECOND THAT!!!
Helpful - 0
I had the C125 test done it showed in range 5, I also had a CT scan done it showed the mass as well as a fatty liver, so I had a liver bipopsy yesterday. I think the hard part is the waiting, get  a test, then wait for the results, then wait for the doctors appointment, in my case the mass has grwon in 30 days to double the size and now 2 masses, both non-fluid like in nature.  This has me very worried.
Helpful - 0
Waiting is the hardest part for sure!  However, your time frame is total normal eventhough you may not think so.  Anyway, I was thinking about your "masses" and I was wondering if it could be surgical adhesions from your hysterectomy.  I too had a hysterectomy and then developed masses/complex cyst and was told more than likely it was cancer.  Well fortunately it wasn't the big C, but adhesions that had pretty much taken over my insides.  I am much better after having everything cleaned up and my ovaries removed.  I hope that's all it is for you as well.

Anyway, we are all here.........so vent away!

Shawn
Helpful - 0
Thanks to all, I have the follow up tomorrow, so we'll see what the doctor has to say. I'll vent more after the appointment. Maybe waiting for the surgery until the 22nd is what must be, it just is a bit scarry, the not knowing part.
Helpful - 0
167664 tn?1203972620
I would definately see another dr. to get their opinion.  At least they could do the CA125 blood test while you are waiting.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.