Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

tybear....

Was wondering when you were going to get to see you're Doc for results? I know the waiting is brutal. I decided to just wait until the 15th which is when I have my pre-op appt to get 'official' results of ct scan. I have decided to try and relax as I have been so stressed out,also what if there are things on the report that i don't really understand and need Doc to explain? Then i'm back to dealing with the secretary who won't give an earlier appt and the Doc won't call unless there
is reason "in her mind". The secretary said if she saw a problem with it she would have called me and since i had it on Oct19 and i know she's seen it i'm just going to wait and try and think of that as positive. Thanks for the info though i'm not sure it's worth 50 bucks to sit with it and possibly not understand it...........crazy
Mary
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
135691 tn?1271097123
I hate being at the mercy of doctors - to be at the mercy of their secretary's is even worse! I went into the hospital yesterday because they called and told me they recieved the report from Sunnybrook. Well, after waiting an hour, they tell me oops! - it's the wrong report! They still don't know anything and I've been waiting now for a month. My dr in Barrie was supposed to be calling down to Toronto to light a fire under someone's butt. I probably won't know until next week though. As for the reports, try calling your hospital and asking if they have a patient representitive - talk to them about wanting to see your file. Maybe they can cut you some slack. There is a downside to reading them alone though - half the stuff in there sounds so much worse than it actually is!
Take care,
Becky
Helpful - 0
I was wondering where you went yesterday! Hey I could  go get them for you and Fed-ex them!! Seriously i would but doubt our "controlled" system would allow it! If you want some good juicy reading have a read of my posts a few up...now there's a great gal for you! I was ready to write and beg you for a referral until the Doc called me herself cause my Hubby went 'loco'.
Mary
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.