Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Suggestions for Doxil Mouth Sores

l need help for relief from mouth sores all inside my mouth.  It feels like blisteres that have burst.  I also have severe foot pain.  Not sure if there anything I can do about this.  I can barely walk.  Thanks for any help.

plady
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No Plady I didn't get any spots,just blistering on the soles of my feet,but I was told to stay out of the sun,because doxil can affect the pigmentation in your skin.Have you been flashing your pins in the sunshine? Mind you I did go to the greek islands for a fortnight while I was on Doxil,spent my time sitting under a brolly and came back with a lovely tan!
Most of my body and legs and arms are covered with little tiny blood spots from having low platelets most of the time-I think my clotting factor is pretty much zero! I sound like a right vision don't I??? It couldn't be that could it?Just keep as cool as you can,especially your hands and feet.Sit in the buff all day if you can!!
Sue xx
Helpful - 0
Hi Plady.I finished Doxil in June.I had five treatments,my ca125 started rising after the third,but we gave it another couple of cycles and then I stopped it.I've had since then off chemo although my ca125 has been rising and I had a ct scan last week and I have two new 'masses' as well as the one I already new about in my abdomen.Last Thursday was wonderful because I finally gave in and went into hospital and had my ascites drained-I got rid of 3litres of fluid and lost 7lbs in weight-brilliant-so right now I feel okay and ready for a new 'fight'.I shall be having Gemcitabine and Treosulfan next I think-this will be my third lot of chemo since I was diagnosed January 2005. Don't worry though Plady,Doxil works for very many women and you'll be one of them.Stay positive!
Sue x
Helpful - 0
Just went online and it looks like I have to have a prescription and they are drugs made in England.  I guess I will have to talk to my doctor to see about them.

Thanks,
plady
Helpful - 0
Dear Plady:

Hello. My wife had the same mouth sores. Temporarily it can work with Cepacol, but then you really have to get it from your doctor since they have what you call a "magic" rinse mixture.
All the best.

Jatoo
Helpful - 0
Thank you Jatoo.  I have been trying to keep up with your posts concerning your wife.  I hope all is going well for you.
Helpful - 0
thank you for your suggestions.  I will try to go online and see if i can purchase these items.  How are your treatments going with Doxil?
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your support.  I have also develooped a rash on my legs.  Not so much a rash as spots.  They almost look like age spots.  They are getting thicker, but it does not itch. I was wondering if you had this during your Doxil treatments?
Helpful - 0
Plady- I have no answers for you I just wanted to say it sounds like you are having a rough time and god bless you. You are in my prayers now from reading your posts and I hope that you feel better soon.
Helpful - 0
158061 tn?1202678326
I checked for the side effects of doxil and for both of your symptoms are listed as side effects and say to call your doctor.  Mean time use a soft toothbrush and rinse your mouth out, fairly frequently for comfort.  Mouth sores are the worse, it is bad enough that you don't feel like eating, but have to, but now have a sore mouth.  I hope they go away quickly.
Helpful - 0
Hi Plady,
I've been on doxil.I'm in the UK so if your in the US the drugs may come under another name.I used Difflam Oral Rinse-this relieved pain and inflammation in the throat and mouth,and I'd use it every morning and night and Gelclair Oral Gel.This was a gel that you mixed with water and used as a gargle and mouth  rinse which I used three times a day-usually after a meal.-it worked for me.It coats the ulcers with a protective gel,so that they can heal,but you no longer feel them.
I know how awful it is.Have a ((hug)) off me.
Sue x
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.