Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Well got my results..not exactly what I'd hoped for but..

my CT scan was clear...which is great but its always been clear because we caught this so early it never showed on a CT scan. My ca-125 blood test was a 11. Anything under 39 is considered normal. If you remember after 2 rounds of chemo it was a 8. Doc said the lab variable is plus or minus 3 so the 11 could be because of that.

Then he said we will wait 6 weeks and test my blood again. If it climbs to say anything 15 or above then he will start to get concerned. He said we are looking for a pattern. If it continues to rise something is still there. At that point he will give me more chemo.

He did say I have to stay positive and I am considered to be in remission right now. But I have to keep the port in my chest till we see what the numbers do. So I am disappointed but I have to pray to god that it really is all gone and my numbers will stay down. Trying to figured out how to be positive...just because I didnt expect this...well...I'll just keep praying. Thanks ladies for all your support. Looks like the battle continues
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
108861 tn?1227246048
Hi ChickP,
     Glad to hear from you!  Although you are in the throes of battle, it sounds like you are winning to me.  Guess it is another flavor of watch & wait, complete with a higher stress level then the first one!  Stick with the Battalion Chickpea!  Hope to see you at Cyber Party tomorrow!  MV
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
I finished chemo in January, and was supposed to keep my port for two years.  Doc thinks it's a good idea because God forbid anything come back, that's just one less step to have to take.  I went to get it flushed back in October, and it wouldn't flush.  A blood clot had formed in it.  So my surgeon decided to take it out.  Otherwise, it would still be there.  I know you hate having that reminder still inside you, but it will be gone before you know it.  And other than a few well earned battle scares, the last physical reminder of cancer will be gone.  You're doing great.  Continue to hang in there!  

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.