Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

bloating after laproscopy

Hey all,
  Just became a member of the 99% club.  Had my laproscopy on Wednesday and the tumor was a dermoid.  There was concern that it was a borderline tumor and talk of removing my ovary if needed.  It was a small narally tumor and they were able to leave a substantial part of my ovary healthy and functioning.  I am very pleased with the turn out.

Huge thank you to all who post and answer on this site.  You were all very valuable to me during this process.  For the first time I did not freak out and I attribute it the the sharing of knowledge on this site.  Thank you!

Question:  How long does the bloating last?  I am nursing my 3 month old through this and try not to take the pain meds unless really needed.  I am very disappointed with how quickly they usher you out of the surgery center with little info.  I feel like I had a baby agian and pray I will go to the bathroom agian someday.  I would love any feedback on how y'all delt witht he bloating and discomfort.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
my mom was given a laxative called Senokot - a bit more gentle than duculax & vegetable-based.  perhaps that might be helpful?

i mixed prune juice with tangerine juice & warmed it a bit - tastes better than it sounds! ; ) good luck.
Helpful - 0
is lapro an outpatient procedure? i am almost positive it is but thought i would ask to be sure.thanks
Helpful - 0
It goes away rather quickly, within a week for me and diminishes daily. Sometimes it takes a bit longer but you'll see an improvement quickly for sure. Nursing at the same time? Brave girl. Don't be afraid to take a stool softener if need be. A doc friend also suggested a dulcolax suppository if you get really backed up. Distasteful but better then seeing God, you know?

L.
Helpful - 0
If you are a tea drinker, herbal teas like chamomile, peppermint, or chai can ease stomach bloating.  Lemon in your water is a natural cleanser.  Retaining fluid and gas always makes me miserable.  I also drink Gatorade after my surgeries.  There is always good old fashioned prune juice to get things moving.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.