Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ovrain masses and how they change your life

I need to have proof about the life changeing things that happen to use when we have these cysts/masses. I never noticed a mistake in a letter from Centrelink/Social Security in december 2002 and now they want me to pay them $20,000.00. My agrument is that I had just had a mass removed off my right Ovarie and two more found in 2003 on the left side and so on. After surgery at lest once a year every year for the past 10 years to remove and test these masses, today I am 34 years old and have nothing but half of one ovarie left. The rest of the things that make me a women have been taken. How can I explain to these people that I was in no mental state to notice the little things at any time I am sick from the masses. Can you help me justify my stupidity.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I agree with you Marianne.  How can they recover it anyway?  I guess they have their ways....
I would fight it, or at least tie it up as long as possible!
Sorry that happened to you...
Helpful - 0
sometimes you can sucessfully argue that chronic pain / stress lowers your serotonin levels & serotonin is needed for memory.  its very hard to 'mark' things if the chemical which helps you do it is depleted.
Helpful - 0
Just a dumb thought, but shouldn't it be THEIR problem if they are the ones who made a mistake in the letter? Why should you have to deal with it if it was their error?
I hate things like that... when someone else expects you to fix the problem because they made a mistake. That just ticks me off.
I'd say call them and tell them that if they made the error, then they need to fix it. Especially since they didn't catch the error for 4 YEARS! I'd say it's their problem now.
You hang in there, and keep us posted on the fight!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
I know how tough SS can be.  I would think if you compiled all your medical records for those dates along with medications you  were on, get the pharmacies to write up about the meds,  and made an appointment at a local SS office, talk to them face to face.  Get your doctors to write letters, family care providers, bosses, also there is a provision with SS about repayment.  If you can't afford it they sometimes forgive.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.