Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anyone on Taxol only???????

After 2 yrs remission my ca125 went up to 89. CAT scan showed a couple spots in the pelvic area. Started taxol and carbo again.Half way through the carbo,during the 2nd treatment, I got an allergic reaction to the carbo. So they stopped it.my ca125 before my 3rd treatment was 18 so he gave me the taxol only.I saw the dr this morning. I had blood work done also this morning and I'll have the results at 5. Has anyone had Taxol only, or swithed to 2 other drugs. Is taxol alone effective. Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry to hear you had a reaction. Was it scarry?

I'm on taxol by itself. Its not the maintenace Taxol but a low dose Taxol. I go in once a week. So its the same amount you'd get by going in once every 3 weeks but in smaller doses. I don't work so its OK but I hate having my blood checked once a week.

I hope your counts went down. Let us know.

Isn't it awful living my the numbers! Can't we just paint by the numbers.

Helen
Helpful - 0
I'm on taxol by itself. Its not the maintenace Taxol but a low dose Taxol. I go in once a week. So its the same amount you'd get by going in once every 3 weeks but in smaller doses. I don't work so its OK but I hate having my blood checked once a week.

Let me know how your counts went. I just started this. I know everyone is different

I hope your counts went down. Sorry to hear you had a reaction. Was it scarry?

Isn't it awful living my the numbers! Can't we just paint by the numbers.

Helen
Helpful - 0
Did you get the results of your CA 125?  Please let us know how you did.  Good luck.
Helpful - 0
Congratulations on your daughter's chemo completion!  I have been following your posts, and she seems to be doing so well.  To give you my background in brief:  Diag. with Stage 1C in June 2002.  Had 6 rds. Taxol/Carbo. Totally clear until May 2006. Elevated CA 125 (32), followed by surgery to remove 3 small implants. Surgery was clean, implants were tested and found to be platinum sensitive, so I took the same 6 rds. of taxol/carbo again. CA 125 at 6 when done. It had been my onc. treatment plan from the beginning to place me on a years' maintenance, so long aas my body will tolerate it without any permanent neuropathy. Each doctor, along with each patient, is an individual, and thus treated differently.  In my case, she feels I will respond well to this, and plans to put me on Tamoxifen after the year is done.Has your daughter's doctor mentioned any type of follow up?  From what I was told, and what I have researched, there is no hard evidence that maintenance is effective in recurrent cases; it is used and has been documented to have been successful with original diag. There is much controvery in the oncological community re: this.  But it was offered to me, and I am giving it a shot!  Best wishes to you and your daughter. We all have much to be thankful for this holiday season.  I hope that turkey she is cooking turns out just wonderful!  God Bless, you are in my prayers.
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
still asking questions here.   My daughter finishs her 6th chemo today.   So will she be put on another drug  like Taxol for maintainence? Do you take something like that for life? You girls have been a lifeline for me to learn about this.  Thank You
Helpful - 0
Thanks, that was helpful. I will let you know how I make out tonight. Thanks again.
Helpful - 0
I don't know if this will be helpful, but I am on Taxol only now for a years'maintenance.  I finished 6 rounds of Taxol and Carbo on October 3rd, and will be getting my second treatment of Taxol only on Nov. 27.  My last CA 125 was 6.  That was at the completion of my 6 round cycle of both drugs. I have not had a Ca 125 done yet since I have been on just the Taxol.  I will get one done on 11/27.  I think it must be pretty effective to use it as a maingtenance drug; I will pray that you have success while on it.  Good luck with your results at 5:00.  Keep us posted, and - Stay positive!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.