Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
107366 tn?1305680375

Tab06, did you hear anything?

Hi.  Just wondering if anyone ever got back to you about the programs to help you pay for surgery. It just amazes me that women who are already scared about surgery and the "what if's" are forced to worry about paying for it, as well.  If you don't find anything out soon and you don't mind doing so, please let us know what state you are in.  Maybe we can help do some research on finding a program to help.

Gail
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
167426 tn?1254086235
did some research for you. There is a program in NY for OVC,  they received some grant money.   Here is the phone #   518-474-1222   web site  www.health.state.ny.us/cancer/OVC/index.htm
Good Luck   I had a niece that was in charge of a womans health program in NYC  for years, I called her in Houston and she said these  programs should help you get to the right place. Good Luck
Helpful - 0
thanks, will see what i can gather here, im assuming this is for all of NY state? Im in western ny, so i was just curious, running to check it out.

Helpful - 0
I have not gotten a call back from them (was to get a call monday or tuesday) I went in yesterday, but they had a line out the door and down the stairs, i couldnt wait around, i was already haveing a painful crappy day as it was, standing wasnt an option.
I found a phone number and im gonna try calling them today and see if they have any word. I was applying for medicaid, but im open to anything really.
Im located in NY state, their are many options, fidelis, univera etc, but i cant afford a thing right now. My boss fired me as it is, Ive had NO income since end of september, and my fiance can only do just so much.
My dr really wants to get me into a gyn/onc but we cant even try till i have some form of insurance.
Im a wreck right now, ive had a lot of pain the last few days and im very frustrated.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.