Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

1 cm solid found on right ovary, 53 yrs old finished menapause, should i worry?

BQ
I am 53 yrs old and had completed menapause 3 yrs ago.  I was bleeding and the doctor saw me.  I had an ultrasound which showed 1 cm solid on my right ovary.  I am scheduled for a MRI of the Pelvic next week.  Should i be concerned?  Will they know if it is cancer once they read the MRI?  Is time critical?
I am scared.
BQ
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
167664 tn?1203972620
Try not to worry too much.  They can't tell if it is cancer or not until they biopsy it.  I am still in the waiting stages myself.  I have had the ultra sound, transvaginal ultrasound, and the mri.  They still don't know.  Now, I go to see a gynocologist/oncologist so they can do surgery to look at it or biopsy it or something.  I'll just prepare you right now, it is a waiting game.  Good luck and keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
The time is not critical so please take a break from the worry.  An MRI is good and will give greater definition on the solid small mass on the ovary.  If surgery is suggested then you should it done by a gyn/oncologist.

Take care and please keep us posted on the outcome of the MRI.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.