Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
107366 tn?1305680375

Kathy O, How's the Doxil?

Hi Kathy.  Been thinking about you a lot, and was wondering how you are doing.  Does the Doxil seem to be working for you?  What about the side effects?  Is it as rough as it is for some ladies who have posted?  I really hope things are going well, and you are getting great results.  I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Gail :)
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
HI,
I am having a real rough time on this stuff. I am three weeks into the second round and can hardly get out of bed! I have horrible abdominal pain. I have been dragging myself to the Dr. every week but really getting no relief. I have lost 25 pounds and am virtually living in my bedroom. Still more symptoms of the cancer seem to be going away and at this point I think that the Doxil has not fully kicked in yet and the pains that I have are cancer related, they would like me to please try and do at least three sessions. I have been neglecting every thing and everybody the last couple of weeks and I am not happy about that either but you can only do so much!!!  Jennie did your lower back pain just go away! I am glad to hear that you are taking it all in stride too! Thanks for asking about me Gail and I hope you are doing well too! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
kathy
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
Is your CA 125 rising?  I seem to see several posts about that.  Scary, I would imagine, but there has to be a reason why Doxil is supposed to work.  I hope things get easier for you.  Chemo stinks any way you look at it.  Take care.
Helpful - 0
Very glad you are trying to contact Kathy O - I tried but my post is now way down the page.  I've been wondering how you are doing kathy too?  I can't say Doxil (Caelyx here) is proving very easy for me either - just feel really rotten - exhausted, my digestion is upset, my teeth ache!  Began to feel a bit better about 2 weeks in last time - hope its like that this time.  Not having hand/foot problems as yet.  Not at all convinced it's doing anything for me - still having quite a lot of niggly pains.  Difficult to see myself lasting out with this for more than 3 cycles if my cancer is still progressing.  But not sure if anything else will work better?  Anyone done better on other drugs when Doxil hasn't worked for them?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.