Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

3 ultrasounds in the last year show fluid in the culdesac

One year ago I had bleeding after not having has a period for 4+ years. I had a uterine biopsy that was fine one year ago as well.  years ago I had brast cancer and am on Tamoxifen.In the last year I have had 3 ultrasounds that show fluid in the culdesac. The doctor said she would want to do surgery to look at some things. She said there would be 3 different incisions. What is she looking for, what is the surgery called and why is the fluid of concern?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Kimchi, First off Wow! You are an inspiraton and I am praying for you. My mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast cancer and was given a 3 percent chance to make it five years. It's been 6+ and she is still going very stong...She amazes me along with the Doctor's every day, so stay strong You inspire me, as I am sure you do others as well. Educating yourself is so important!
Can I ask you another question. I have had, as I said, one period, (along with some brown spotting off and on) after not having had any in four years. Since then I have had 3 ultasounds, one uterine biospy and one hysterogram? Also, as I said I take tamoxifen for breast cancer.The only test results that are strange are the ultrasounds. My primary care DR. says that culdeac fluid alone is not need for concern. I am wondering then, why the Gyno wants to do surgery. I have had way to much surgery in the last few years because of the breast cancer, so I'm not looking forward to any more I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on this.
Helpful - 0
16702 tn?1234090645
Ovarian cancer may spread to the lining of the abdominal cavity and lead to the buildup of fluid inside the abdomen, called ascites which is what i had in my abdomen and pleural effusion in the lining on the right side of my diaphragm which is also ovarian cancer fluid. if you can, read my story at the bottom of the original "recurrence" subject.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for the answer. What are "ascites". How 's the down time for the surgery?
Helpful - 0
Your doctor is talking about a "laparoscopy"...a tube is inserted and she can look around to see what is going on in there....my guess is she is checking to see if the fluid is "ascites" .....and if so where it is comming from.  
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.