Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

baskets145..

Hi There...couldn't get thru on your e-mail. Said it was blocked so just thought i'd write you here. Are you doing ok?I wanted to tell you that I said a prayer for both of us tommorrow and I know that God will be with us and I am leaving it in his hands now...Where are you from and what time is your surgery?
Mary
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
167426 tn?1254086235
Good Luck tomorrow and my prayers are with you all the way. By the way you are in Minn  right?  what hospital you going to?
Helpful - 0
No, I'm in Canada.Toronto actually.Home of the good old wait and wait some more for surgery.Thank You for your good wishes..fingers crossed!
Mary
Helpful - 0
Hi Mary
Did you get my email???  (post)   Im thinking of YOU  all positive, I know, how it is though.......tomorrow all GONE!!!

Guess what, talked to Dr in Kel. this am he said at least 2-3 month wait (and that s being generous) based on the report he got faxed from Maui, called the gyn/onc in Honolulu I see him 9 am Wed - day after your surgery, plus looks like I can have the surgery the following week UNREAAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How are you doing!!!!!!!!! Stupid question..........Im with you on this one, you iwll be a good week of recovery ahead of me, so I will be waiting to hear how it goes.....the post op and what to expect, dont have a clue.....Yup we are in this together, also our chnces are JUST FINE!!!!!!!! Doc in Kelowna said frm my repoirt (like yours) is not lifew threatenng, thats why the wait there.......make you feel better???   It iwll be BENIGN I KNOW IT
Write soon
Mai Tai City Kathy
Helpful - 0
Hi Kathy,
That's great news for you! I told you the wait was crazzzy. I'm so glad for you that you won't have to go thru all this waiting.It's been very stressful for me but also my family. Even the cat's stressed out! So you are going on Wed to speak to him and when will the surgery be? Are you staying in HNL or going back to Maui in between? Thank you for being so kind and answering me because all my family(here) is sick and everyone else is in Montreal so noone to talk it thru with!
Mary
Helpful - 0
I;m here dear.... its okay!    I know the alone feeling...even tho I have hubby and son I still feel alone too.  Just the way it is for now.   Had to chuckle I am a cat LOVER - when u said even the cat is stressed. you havent lost your humour!   I wish I was you now - getting it done tomorrow!!!  Yep, fly over there see the BIG GUNS GUY, come back to Maui all in a day, then while Im there on Wed he prob will ask me when I want the surgery and go thru all the options, you know, hyster, other ovary etc.   THen I go back when its surgery time and being I have to fly to get there, I imagine a day ahead of time for admitting......are u having the lap done and if need be they go in if they se anything else they have to clean up??  My dr in Kel said well sometimes the bikini way (belly) is good, because if the other ovary looks funny or your uterus does (like endometriosis) he said give your surgeon a comfort zone for what youwant him to do...I think you have done that right?  Did they take blood and all of that from you already and what is the operation time????   I will be waiting for your little name to show up on here once you get home and  that ALEIN from another planet is history!!!!!!!!!! Just think kid, tomorrow its DONE!!!!!!!!   Write back if you can, hugs, huge!! Kathy
Helpful - 0
Kathy;
The op time is 1200 noon which is like 6am or something there?
If you wake say a little prayer! Yes, we have gone over the options but I will be clarifying tommorrow.Just to make sure we are on the same page. She does not 'suspect' anything so unless she shrieks and freaks when she looks then she will just do the laproscopy and take the ovary and alien.Fingers crossed that is all that is required because I really want to keep my other ovary and uterus...kind of attached to them you know? It is just day surgery so I will be home tommorrow night(hopefully).
Good Luck with your appt on Wednesday.I know HNL Well and have been there many times..not Maui though.Maybe when we're both thru with this mess I'll come over and meet you! Sounds like we could have some fun..
Mary
Helpful - 0
You probably are in bed as I write, we are five hours behind you now.....so at 7 am my time tomorrow I WILL say a prayer here in healing Hawaii - and wil be ofucsing on you and  BINGO! you will be letting me know how it all went.  Sounds like I will be going thru the same stuff as you - by the way thanks SO MUCH while you are "hanging in there" to offer what your process is, because that is what I will be saying to the Mr. Big Guy on Wed.  and you will be resting back at home, telling "hey it wasnt NEARLY what we were freaking out about" I JUST KNOW IT somehow.    So, you have a deal, I would absolutely LOVE to meet with you one day, my daugher met one of her best friends on the bulldog website and she too, lives in TOronto, they are in constant touch, she has been out to Austin Texas to visit Lisa (my girl) and they are  true blue friends now.   You just never know the power of connection between people.   GODSPEED in healing, "I want details"!!!!  ANd I will be here :"waiting" for you and so will all the other gals, you are in my heart tomorrow a.m.
With love, try to sleep (hopefully) and awaaaaaaaay we go!!!!!!!!!!!!   Kathy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.