Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Reoccurence

Just got out of the hospital. The CA125 is up to 211 and the cancer is back. It's peritoneal this time, in the abdomenal wall and 2 lymph nodes. The onc says its inoperable and he wants to start the chemo next week. Gemzar amd carboplatin this time. I'm going to call my insurance co tomorrow and see if I can go to the Cancer Treatment Center of America or MD Anderson hosp in Houston for a second opinion. I need all the prayers I can get. I believe there is a miracle out there with my name on it, I just have to find it. I'm counting on you, my cysters, to help with the prayers. I will keep you posted. I will not go down without a fight!
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It's a difficult thing when you're told you have a recurrence.  I never expected to hear that word so soon after my initial treatment.  But I completely agree with gail47 and I thank her for reminding me of who really is in charge.  No doctor has the power or the knowledge to tell you how you will do with this illness.  Your mindset has so much to do with how your body responds.  Keep on believing.  Will keep you and all the ladies on this forum in prayer.

Christa
Helpful - 0
158061 tn?1202678326
I feel so bad for you, what terrible news.  I hope your insurance company comes through - keep after them.  I have heard they are doing good things down there.  
I don't know if I would have the courage to write the words recurrance, it took me awhile to come to grips with cancer.  You are a brave lady.  My prayers are with you
Helpful - 0
Its always a shock to us when we hear the word cancer not once, not twice, maybe even many more times for myself and some of the  other ladies on this site.  We always think of death when we hear the word cancer, but we know that is not always true. Ask my neice who was 15 in 1997, 7 months after my mother died of ovarian cancer.  When we found out she had cancer it was all over her body.  She was at St. Jude for a year and she has been with us every since she come home from St Jude and still cancer free.  Doctors can only do so much but they don't know the whole truth.  Only our Heavely Father can come down and touch us like no other and tell this cancer to begone and it will if we keep believing and we know this. No matter how bad the doctor tell you it is, do not believe them because he does not have the last say.  I Will be praying for you and Please Please Keep the Faith.  God Bless.
Helpful - 0
135691 tn?1271097123
Hey Rebel... I'm really sorry to hear your having a recurrence. Do you mind me asking when your last treatment was for your initial diagnosis? I too, am having my first recurrence and I'm only 8 months out from my last chemo. I am having a hard time coming to grips with all of this. When I was first diagnosed, I had no doubt I could beat this. To have it come back, especially so soon, makes me feel very defeated. I feel now more than ever that I should be getting all my things in order, but then I read about Vi and Sue and it reminds me that this is just a set back - not the end. I wish I had your positive spirit right now... I'm working really hard to get there. Keep us updated on your progress...
Becky
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry to hear of your recurrance. News like this is very hard to take but you have already found the strength to bounce back. I hope you get your treatment from Anderson.  Keep up the fighting spirt.

Take care, Ursula xx
Helpful - 0
Don't give up Rebel,stay strong.I was like Steve's wife,found the first recurrence worse than the original diagnosis.I'm on my third line of chemo now,still here,still fighting.You will be better informed now,on how to cope with chemo and that knowledge will help you through the coming months-your on a great combination thats had impressive results,so keep on strutting your stuff girl!
Loads of love
Sue x
Helpful - 0
Hi, sorry to hear the news, you have been great to Vi & myself, our thoughts are with you now, Vi found it harder to accept the 1st reoccurance than being 1st dignosed, but now her being on her 5th, and still fighting, but feeling good, she says shes stronger that what within. you can reach us on steve.***@**** any time. We will keep in touch, know you will breeze through whatever is thrown at you. Steve
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Oh Rebel Spirit, I am so very sorry to hear this.

Please post as frequently as are able and let us know how you are doing.

Sincerely,

Mary
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
Wow, I really hate to hear this news.  But you better believe I will keep you in my prayers.  You have a great attitude, and always have, so I believe you are going to do this.  Not sure how much you know about Cancer Treatment Centers of America, but they will pay to fly you there for each treatment/visit.  I considered that when I was first diagnosed, but decided I was happy with the care I received locally.  Whatever you decide, I am sending you strength and good wishes.  Please let us know how things turn out.  You know all your cysters are behind you 100%!!

Gail
Helpful - 0
It is the season of miracles.  You MUST believe!  I will keep you in my prayers, along with all the other wonderful ladies on this sight.  Please stay strong, believe, and work hard to get over this hurdle.  I am going through a recurrence myself right now, so I know how you are feeling.  Getting another opinion is a wise thing to do.  Don't ever give up hope.  Keep your fighting spirit; we are all with you and are here when you need us.  God Bless you!
Helpful - 0
143952 tn?1237864541
You will be in my prayers.  Good luck to you - I've heard great things about MD Anderson!
Helpful - 0
You are definitely in my prayers.  Let me know if you come to MD Anderson, as I am only minutes away and will come visit you!

Hugs,
Shawn
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
Sorry to hear this.  Check out the Ginger thing in this forum from BBC.  Who knows  it might work for you too.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.