Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Montie are you around?

Would love to hear from you Montie - did u read about my wonderful HOnolulu (sarcastic( exerience yes.
Surgery Tues. Please post if you can
ope you are doing ok
Kathy
14 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
THank you for your encouraging words - need all Ic an get  very scared today and will be until its over............
Kathy
Helpful - 0
Just to cheer you up little bit... My mother in law had a same operation back in 40 years in Europe, and she is now 85 years old, doing well!!! Be positive. She only have high blood pressure, some heart problem with Anzeilheim too.
Helpful - 0
YEP!  i AM THANKS..............i mean to apologie for all the spelling errors, my gel nails are getting rather long and i dont check for spelling errors.....

so i think you are probably getting most of it.

I think I iwl call Mine Freddie then since you hve goold "SAL"
(lol)   Freddie is the name my daughter gave to hre priod when she wa aroudn 12 or 13 and to this day she is 25 now still calls it Freddie, from those movies she used ot hate to love to watch.  So Freaking Freddie has to do a 180 and leave dodge NOW!
Like Tuesday.

Why are you waiting or are you not to et ole Salvatore outta town?
K.
Helpful - 0
LOLLOLOL   IM ALREADY ON A WHOLE PILE OF SETTLE ME DOWNERS!!!

ok im trying to follow your wisdone here - I NEVER DID PAY ATTENTION IN SCHOOOL THAT MUCH COMIN BACK TO HAUNT ME NOW

RIGHT O RIGHT O    WHATS IN THERE IS IN THERE
IM A FIGHTER TOO AND A SURVIVOTR OF OTHER **** INMY LIFE........
ANOTHE BOOK TO WRITE AS I VENT

OK MONTIE WHERE DO YOU LIVE!!!

loads of hugs and a luagh or too
kathy
Helpful - 0
167664 tn?1203972620
I'm in Arizona, where are you?  I am 38, married with two kids, 10 and 17. I work fulltime and am taking nine credits in graduate school this semester.  So, basically, this **** is really messing with my world.  I have basically checked out and have been good for nothing this last month.  Some days are better than others. When I got my MRI done, that depressed me.  Laying in that tube in the gown, with and IV in for an hour, the seriousness of the situation set in.  I went home, went to bed and checked out. Once the Dr. referred me to a gyno/oncologist, I had a little breakdown after that too.  Now, we are waiting to find out when they will do the surgery.  I've already signed my consent form telling them they can take out what ever organs they need to and I'll just find out when I wake up how it all turned out.  That part doesn't really set well with me, but whatever they have to do.  

Look at the bright side, you are in Hawaii!!
Helpful - 0
im a candian in hawaii..........SON AND HUBY HERE BUT MY DARLING PREGGIE DAUGTHER JUST MOVED TO AUSTIN TX.
IM52 WITH A GORHEOUS 7.2 COMPLEX CYST JUST LOVING LIVING IN MY PELVIVIS THANK YOU.

I SO KNOW THE FEELING ABOUT JUST CHECKING OUT AND SHUTITNG DOWN I HAVE BEEN DOING THAT SINCE YESTERDAY WHEN THE RAIOLOGIST FREAKED ME OUT - THE GYN/ONC DIDNT JUST ANOTHER DAY FOR HIM LIKE CHEKCING A DOGS EARS.    HE WOULD GIVE ME NUMBERS FOR BENIGN OR CANCEROUS, THEY DONT WORK THAT WAY.  HE SAW THAT ALL MY ORGANS ARE CLEAN INCLUDING UTERUS AND OTHER OVARY, HE GAVE ME THE OPTION HE SAID I CAN STILL DO JUSTTHE LAPOROSCAPY TAKE THE CYSTIC OVARY OUT LEAVE EVERYTHING IN OR HE SAID I CAN TAKEIT ALL - ITS UP TO YOU.   WELL AFTER HE TOLDME AS WE AGE, WE CAN DEVELOP MORE CYSTS ON THE OVARY AND HE SAID YOU DONT LIKE TO GO IN TWICE UNLESS NECESSARY AND HE SAID YOUR UTERUS IS GONE.......SO BETEEN ABOUT 4 EXPERTS I MADE THE DECISION,TAKE THE PLAYPEN, AND EVERYTHING YOU CAN, ONY WANT TO GO UNDER ONCE.
I LIVE IN BRITISH COLUMBIA MOST OF HTE TIME, THEY FOUND THIS THING BY ACCIDENT 2 WEEKS AGO, AND THANK GOD I AM HERE AS THE WAITLIST FOR SURGERY FOR MEWOULD BE NET SPRING THE DOC IN CANADA TOLD ME WHEN I CALLED HIM WITH MY RESULTS.

GOOOD FOR YOU ON YOUR WORK KID..........I ADMIRE THAT, BUT YEP ****** gets it our way doenst it, JUST REALISING IT NOW

DO YOU HAVE MORE GOING ON THAT CYSTS OR IS IT YOUR LE  YUTERUS!!!!
k.
Helpful - 0
167664 tn?1203972620
Well, Salvator (the tumor, me and my friend named it) lives between my right ovary and my uterus.  They can't tell if it is attached to one or the other or both.  Sal is only 3.5 cm but causing me quite the problems. All the usual symptoms, and some pain tonight. I can't believe how things work in Canada.  Urbangal has been going through this since June!  I would have to be committed to the looney bin if I had to wait that long. I'm trying to finish up my classes so I can have surgery in peace and just relax and enjoy all the pain killers!! Ha, ha.

I will be upset if I wake up with all my female insides gone but I trust them to do what's best.  What other choice do I have.  Baby days are over anyway.

Are you feeling any better yet?
Helpful - 0
167664 tn?1203972620
You know, I have been going nuts for too long and still waiting to hear when my surgery will be.  I don't know if this will help you or not but this is the place of semi-peace that I have found.  Whether I worry or not, whether I cry or pretend this is not happening, whether I talk about it or not, it will not change the outcome.  What is going to happen is going to happen.  And, I've decided, that whether it is benign or not, I'm going to be fine.  I will fight and I will win.  You can't change the outcome, all you can do is know that you will win whatever the case may be.  

And, then take a valium!! Hee, hee.
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
Where are you in AZ?  I have a son and family { 5 girls } that live in Anthem. We almost went to Mayo in Phoenix , but decided Minneapolis was closer. I hope to be moving there in the Spring  as soon as I know my daughter is coming along ok.
Helpful - 0
167664 tn?1203972620
Oh I'm not waiting on purpose. I am at the mercy of the scheduler and the openings at the hospital.  Sal definately needs to be in a jar not my abdomen!  There is a lady on here that named her tumor Tallulah!! I love it!  So, how did you end up in this position?  Were you on vacation and then ended up in the ER or something?
Helpful - 0
You guess it - I had an attack of my colon spasming (which has happened before) but this time it took my breath away and I was on the floor - and gas, gas gas,  took a bunch of stuff for it by the time we got to the e.r. it was gone

Thank God! The er dr said well lets run some tests - well 6 hrs later, 2 hrs on the ultrasouns looking at every organ they could find, there Freddie was nestled right inside my ovary, the huge leaping ugly alien, hitc hiker!   So I NEVER would of found it if that silly colon didnt act up -never would of carried on because I dont have symptoms really, now I pay attention and my ab is someties achey just a bit, a blaoting abit,but hey Im perimenopausal, we all bloat, and have aches and pains............
Nice experience!!!!
Helpful - 0
167664 tn?1203972620
I live in the southeast corner, near the new mexico state line.  It's a small town called Thatcher about 3 hours from Phoenix.

I really like AZ, I can handle the heat, and it's hot!  What I can't handle is the cold.  How is your daughter doing?

Helpful - 0
TOTALY STRESSED AND TERRIFIED............COMPLEX CYSTS THEY REALLY HAD A GOOD LOOK AT YES
7.2 CM SOME FLUID, SOME OTHER STUFF IN IT....IM ALMOST BODERLINE HYSTERICAL - SEDATED NOW,
THINKING ALREADY ITS OC
K

CAN YOU HELP ME
Helpful - 0
167664 tn?1203972620
Hey, I'm definately lurking around.  I see you are having surgery next Tuesday?  What's going on? Are you feeling stressed out?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.