Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Complex cysts - mommy2four

Hi there how are you holding up??  Im hanging thats about it.
You mentioned your first surgery with it being complex as well as mine is.
Was it benign?   I am assuming it was.......
What are their thoughts on these three that come out on Monday along with the uterus?

Hey, Im the next day 2 ovaries as youknow and one uterus
"TO GO"

Let me know your thoughts.
I think we will be okay.

Kathy
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi thre - on my way out th edoor to ccatch my plane to HOnolulu for thebig day on Tues. Thanks so much for your letter - We willall be together with each other - getting it ALL DONE and OVER with for good, thats what Im leaning on and also that togetherwith the the surgeon his team and GOD there with us, we WILL BE FINE!!!

Godspeed to you too........Im trying very hard to be strong up and down up and down, but we have no choice it has to GO!!!

Take care, and I will talk to you when I get back and we can compare notes on our recover and give each other tips  Never had invasive surgery in my life like this so........here I go!!
Take care
Kathy
Helpful - 0
Hi Kathy,

I'm just busy, busy getting everything done before Monday.  When mom (that would be me :o)  is out of commission for awhile the whole house goes to pot!  So trying to get laundry done, get some food in the freezer, finish Christmas shopping, etc.  I am honestly trying not to think too much about the surgery on Monday.  I feel deep down a bit of mourning for those parts and just don't have time to cry right now.  I probably need to mourn a bit before I go into surgery, but I suppose after will be just fine as well.  

A friend called an told me we should have a "celebration" dinner before I go in, but I'm not quite in the celebration mode.  In about a month, when all the pain is gone and I can stand up without pain, bend over without pain, go for a walk without pain, sleep without pain...etc.  Then, I think I will be about to celebrate.

My cyst removed prior to this surgery was benign (not cancer) and I am pretty certain that the 3 I now have are also benign.  I won't know for sure until they are biopsied, but I've just heard too many times that cancer is not painful.  Again, my mom died of ovarian cancer (she had had a hyterectomy with one ovaray left behind) and never knew she had it until it was too late.  She was just never in any pelvic pain.  I have horrific pain that comes and goes.  I never know when it's going to strike.

I have a deep faith in God and know that he will be watching over me and will send his dear angels to watch over me in that operating room.  I have prayed for my surgeon and all those who will be in the room.  May God give you a peace that passes all understanding as you await your surgery.  

I'll look forward to hearing how things went for you  soon.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.