Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

is this normal on scar line?

Most of you know i had ovaries removed 9 days ago.Had verticle bikini line cut with 20 staples. Wed went to pn to have staples removed. When i was there i mentioned i had begun to feel a little faint if i stood for long(by that i mean a couple  of min)and that it had begun to hurt when i pee again on the left side,but she didnot seem too concerned.At first i felt perhaps i was expecting too much too soon.Now a large lump(about the size of a ladies watch face)has appeared on the end of the scar(left side again)there is also a smaller one on the right end.It is painful to touch(but does not feel hot)and hurts if i bend over or sit bent forward.This goes for both sides but the left is def more painful than the right. I did get stitch abscesses on my hysterectomy scar many years ago,so iknow im not the best healer,but its that long ago ive forgotton what it was like. Could this just be normal tisssue healing?,am i expecting too much too soon? or am i being a real baby.Any body had this after an abdominal op. Thanks Dawn
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Dawn
I think we had our surgeries pretty close together - mine was Weds 22nd. I think we're both in the UK?
How are you feeling now? Tiring, isn't it!
One side of my scar feels ok but on the right side, there is quite a large lump, especially when I lie on my side.  I went to my GP yesterday and he thought it was the end of the stitches where they had knotted off the sutures.  However it's not painful so if yours is, best to get it checked.
I had a 6cm cyst in my right ovary & that ovary removed, a slightly smaller one on the other side drained (I didn't want a surgical menopause!)
Have you had your histology results yet? They will send mine to the GP to tell me - not through yet & when I queried it with the consultant's secretary this morning she was a bit puzzled by the delay. ???
"Follow-up" hah! appointment with consultant not till February & GP unconcerned by the elevated CA125 (but I think I know more than him about it by now!) so if histology OK I'm going to insist they follow up with more CA125 tests to make sure it goes down.
Loads of best wishes for your recovery
Aydee xx
Helpful - 0
140437 tn?1215109742
I have exactly the same thing I went to the doc who said it was simply the healing process - this is after 4/5 months so heyho

Anna x
Helpful - 0
could that happen so soon?.Must say did find it hard to pull myself up in bed in hosp,but how do you avoid such things?Thanks,
Helpful - 0
I would definitely check back with your dr. It sounds like you may have developed a couple of hernias.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.