Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

******** Cyber Party ********

Greetings Cysters and Welcome to Cyber Party!
Let's relax and have a bit of fun!  Tell us where you are from and who your nearest and dearest are.  If you brng a cyber munchie to share put it on the table over by the hot tub.  Waters at 102 degrees and we wll have a cyber soak while we complete this thought.  I remember way back when....
I'll go first, I remember way way back when a guy came into the pieshop, my first job, once a month to check the microwave for radiation.  They were just coming out and not trusted yet!  I also remember way back when my microwave crapped out and I insisted on getting a new one the next day primarily to warm up bottles for my son.  I was spoiled by the thng already!  Tell us what you remember way back when!  MV
56 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
HI!!!I remember way back when..I was a little girl watching The Sonny and Cher show(when everyone thought they were a normal couple!), The Mod Squad(cool outfits,now they would be vintage)and Adam 12(10/4 Adam 12!)...Those were great days..me and my hubby laugh about those shows all the time!
Mary
Helpful - 0
That's a funny topic Mary!  We had a black and white TV that had to warm up before the picture came on, anyone remember that?  There were two channels available!  I never missed the Mickey Mouse Club show, I LOVED it, I was SO jealous of Annette Funicello!  
Hope you gals in the States where it is cold and blowing are staying safe and warm,
Love from Katie in Alberta, Canada
Helpful - 0
We had black and white too and I remember the whole warm up! i don't remember The Mickey Mouse Club too well but I was more a mystery and police drama kinda girl..Scobby Doo and Nancy Drew Mysteries and The hardy boys!!Oh yah...
Mary
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
You are just a pup Mary!  I remember way back when the first family in our neighborhood got a color TV.  All the kids on the block were invited over to watch "The Wizard of OZ".  That's still one of our favorites!  MV
Helpful - 0
Two Marys!  Yaaaaaay!  (one young and one ancient, like me!)
Mary/Raven, I remember going to the neighbors to watch colour too!  I wonder if they minded??!!  They were always nice to us kids!  Remember all the Christmas specials, like Andy Williams and Bing Crosby?
We always got lots of American shows you know!  We are practically the same really, aren't we???  :)
Hi to you too, urbangal Mary, maybe we should call you Mary the Younger LOL.  Have you had any luck latching onto the MSN site?
Helpful - 0
I remember when the milk man brought milk in glass bottles and would put them outside the front door in a metal crate. My mom would always fire up some good old oat meal cookies mmmmmmmmmmmmgood!!!!!and that milk went down so cold. Oh what I would do for just one more moment like that. Milk in plastic is no good. Bring back that cute milk man.........hahahaha I would buy my milk like that again wouldn't you girls????????? I love you guys and I just started my post yesterday. Thanks I need this. I love to go back to warm moments in my childhood.THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Welcome Mamadabomba!  Hop in the hot tub! there's room by Canuck Katie and Mary the Younger!  Got a chocolate torte and other goodies for later!  Anyone care for one of my famous cyber margaritias?  I remember way back when I wore a plaid uniform and daily inspection was conducted by a very vatican one Sister Margaret Louise, she made us kneel on the floor to check the length of our skirts while holding out our hands to prove clean nails, basic training and barking sergeants were a walk in the park compared to that Nun!  MV
Helpful - 0
Where's Mary53????  Tis the season for Merry Mary's...??
Yeah I know "anotherKatie have anotherdrink and pipe down".

One thing I like about these pool parties is that I don't have to worry about how big my THIGHS are!!!!

Hey there are some power outages in Ontario and the East, hope Becky, Angela and the other eastern gals are OK....OH NO that means ... no internet access!!!
Helpful - 0
I just picked up some egg nogg and I do have the rum. I love egg nogg!! That hot tub sounds good! Hi girls....I remember those wonderful record shops. You know the kind that had their own kinda smell. There is nothing like a 33 playing. Cd's are great. But I love hearing those 33's  all stacked up and you could stack up multiple vinyl and just listen for the crackle. EGG Nogg anyone. Its beautiful weather down here on the N.C coast.
Shirl
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
During my student nurse days I had to do a 3 month affiliation for Physc in St. Louis, we were in a huge mental facility, 4 floors.  4th floor being the ready for dismissal floor. Men and women were separated into different wings. On Friday nights we let them loose in the big dining room, with music and dancing and a 4" black and white tv. Needless to say, it was a riot. Every so often someone would go up to the tv and look in back of it to see where the people were. Most "love affairs" lasted for the 3 hours and then were forgotten till next Friday. Hey I remember ice wagons, cards in the window to tell them how much you wanted. Cutting the ice in the river and storing it in the ice house. Using cinders from the coal stove to help get the car out of the driveway in winter. Outhouses were darn cold in the winter  but no one wanted the job of empting the "slop jars". My babies were all born without Dr. Benjamine Spock. So far so good on this 76 year old brain, I miss some of the  "good ole days" but I cherish progress. Because it is so cold here, I brought chili, fill your bowls, sprinkle with cheese and lets PARTY.
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
(Raven splashes Star as she moves up to perch on the edge and sip a rum laden nog)  Cheers my Cysters!  I am more of an age where I remember way back when, like Mary, we collected 45s and instead of a boombox you had the cute little suitcase record player!  My sister and I had a pink one!  I also remember way back when I lived in San Antonio and two of my friends worked in the Psych ward at the big military hospital.  John would come home doing the "thorizine shuffle" emulating his wards!  Tough work! Great chili Mamadabomba!
Helpful - 0
What was your FIRST 45 record???????
Helpful - 0
Mary the younger..LIke that!Katie,haven't tried the other site yet...Oh so about those milk bottles we get thenm sometimes at Whole Foods..They have them in the oraganic section...The bottles are great and hubby thinks they make nice vases when your done..lol..i'm in Toronto and no power outages.
Mary
Helpful - 0
hmmm..45...Bay City Rollers!!!!!
Helpful - 0
I am trying to keep track of all yalls names in here. I am having so much fun. I must admit I had a few noggs before I got here. Its really the only time I tip if you get my drift. But I love me some Nogg yall! I would love to have some chili, and yes I want some cheese on that. Did any one bring the sour cream? can't have chili without that! How about roller skating. I got my first kiss in the darkest corner of the roller rink. I had a red case with  a key I was so proud of my red skate case, my mom bought it at a resale shop and I loved them. Those skates were so heavy! I was taught to skate by the town drunks. A husband and wife team that could skate better the drunker they got! LOL She had real red teased hair and he never shaved. But they were determined to teach me to skate. I learned and now you could not get my get my big butt in skates for nothing!!!!It would be tragic!!!!!!!!! I am having fun thanks for the invite!
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
My first 45 was Bing Crosby and White Christmas. Sitting here remembering, hop scotch, jacks, jumping ropes, marbles, kick the can, actually knocking over outhouses on Halloween, cheerleading and my waist band broke and skirt fell to the field. First kiss at 14. Splashing Raven back. Before WW2 when my brothers were still home, our money went for records and they had the job of teaching me to dance. Jitterbug crazy then.
Helpful - 0
Good Evening Girls!  Thought I'd pop in to say hello.  Urbangal...glad you're feeling better!

I'm in Rockford, IL which is about 15 miles from the WI border.  Just got 12 inches of snow yesterday and it's gone from 60 last week to 16 today.  Brr.  But, the hot tub feels so warm and cozy. Love to be out in the freezing night in a hot tub!

I remember, back in the 60's, before seat belts and all, my dad would pile all the neighborhood kids in the convertable and take us to Swensen's Ice Cream.  We could get whatever we wanted.

And, remember when you would go outside barefoot for the first time of the season?  We lived in CA then.  

Loved the Mickey Mouse Club! Sometimes it's still on.
Helpful - 0
haha I am listening to a Bing Crosy "Christmas Crooners" CD RIGHT NOW!!!!  Funny eh.  (oh yeah OK maybe the format changed!!!)
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Bobby Shermans"Little Women" was the first 45 and Jimi Hendrix my first album, way back when!  MV
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Right now I am listening to Trans Siberian Orchestra, Christmas Tunes with attitude!  Frank and I are going to the concert on December 30th, the anniversary of our first kiss! MV
Helpful - 0
167426 tn?1254086235
Guess at times I have a hard time relating to the fears you girls are sharing. I listen to my daughter explain how she feels and I feel so incompetent because I cannot just put a bandaide on her "owie" any more. Like those mentally ill people I watched long ago, they needed a break once in a while also and so do all of you. You have no idea how much I admire the female spirit. I rushed out and brought the sour cream . Grabbing a nog and toasting you all.  CHEERS!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Steppenwolf, Baby!  "Born to be Wild"!!!!
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
I remember way back when we had bomb drills in school and practiced hiding under our desks, as though that would help!  MV
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
I'm here! Nice to see my name, though. Say, a little problem here. If Mary (Urban...) is Mary the younger (which I like and support for what it is worth) and you, Katie, are refering to  yourself as ancient...well, where do I fit in...hmmmm? Help me Raven!!!

Mother-in-law over for dinner tonight. So much better than last time. Not fearful of the dogs...drinking the standard Manhattan (nothing last time) and coffee...again, when she said "no" to coffee when she was here last time, I was really worried. Alzheimers has taken it's toll, but she was struggling with a virus last time and on meds that upset her stomach. Well, the dogs are thrilled that "Mimi" can pet them and not be afraid of their sweet selves....

My first 45...the first one I bought was "Kind of a Drag" by oh gosh....Jan and Dean? The Buckinghams? How on earth can I not remember that?

Favorite all time album....

Tapestry...Carole King.

Catch you all in a bit...apple pie and coffee is ready.

Mary
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.