Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Surgery Thursday

I go in for my hyst on Thursday.  I have had problems for 2 years of bleeding heavy.  My surgery was supposed to happen in Oct, but it was delayed, due to my asthma not being under control.  I was put on a steroid inhaler, and now my bleeding problem is not bad.  Everytime I have my doubts on whether I should go through with the surgery, is when I start to have problems, like vaginal bleeding after a bowel movement.  I know that I need to do this, but worried with the upcoming holidays.  I had one doctor saying it could be fibroids, and another saying it could be endo.  I also will have mucous like stuff come out when I urinate....sometimes bloody like mucous stuff, and sometimes not.  I am having it all taken out, as I do not want cut open again.  Any words of advice?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks so much for the support from all.  I will be glad to get it over with, and on the way to recovery.  I hope to be out of the hospital by Saturday.  Good luck and God bless to all that go into surgery this week.
Helpful - 0
Good luck on thursady. The cysters will be thinking of you.Take Care.Dawn
Helpful - 0
kat good luck on Thursday I am sure I will be in one of two ways. High as a GIRAFFES butt or mighty sore. My surgery is on Tuesday. Good luck to you. You have alot of support out here with us cysters. I am new to the group but I have found such warmth and strength. I will remember you tonite before I retire. Cause tommorrow I will be only thinking of my surgery. Don't think I am selfish, I just know that in the morning it will really hit me. SO all the praying I do will be tonight for others I will be certain to lift your name up. I have got myself a new 2007 calender to take in with me. Certainly 07 will be better than o6 has been. Sounds like you have breathng problems too. Good luck with that. I am more nervous about that. When you can't breath with a good rythmn it is very frustrating. Hang in there cyster sister. See you in recovery. maybe Raven lady will throw another cool cyber party when we get home this weekend. LOL      Shirl
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Good Morning Kat,
     I don't blame you for going for the full menu, so to speak.  I imagine the anesthesia is tricky with asthma, will it be general or the epidural with a seditive?  I had the epidural with strong seditive and will never have general again if I can help it!  (Hope it doesn't come up at all!)  I only had the left ovary out last November so have no words of wisdom regarding Hyst recovery beyond what I've heard.  As I understand it, alot of Gals find relief from a cold compress, of sorts, worn as a belt to combat what's called "swelly belly".  The HysterSister site has tons of info on hyst recovery, just use your favorite search engine, like Google, and you will find the link.  Check it out.  I am certain there will also be Cysters along who have experienced hyst recovery to lend advice so hang in there Kat!  MV
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.